you Know It's Cold When...

• Thread starter Frax
  • Start date
  • Replies 57
  • Views 6K
The hardest part about peeing in weather like that is getting a shrunk up 2" penis out through 6 inches of layers of clothing :lol:.

When you cuss and the words freeze, only to thaw out in the spring and fill the woods with obscenities (Paul Bunyan I beleive)

When Mexican employees actually wear more than a t-shirt work.

Maybe Mexicans up there, ours down here are bundled up like mummies long before I work in more than a t shirt.

Other than that I can only chime in to a "you know when its hot thread" , was whining about climbing and hands hurting the other day when it was mid 30s!

Cold is... when your guest from Japan agrees to another plate of pancakes to put off bicycling into the morning cold... ('cold' is a subjective matter, even though it is an objective scale; today is actually 'warm' to me).
I'll ride out the first few miles to show him a less-traveled way to go, thus avoiding work another hour :)

That guys looks super familiar to me.

Is he still around? I remember my dad playing host to a fella from Japan who liked to travel by bicycle. His name was Kaz too. That would be super weird.

In the winter of '77 I lived for a short while on the banks of Lake Erie,I mean 150 feet away .I had a 200 watt light bulb under the hood ,the largest Die Hard battery Sears sold with a battery charger connected .I had to slip under that 442 Olds every morning and heat the starter with a propane torch before it would engage .

It never gets cold in Ft. Bragg, California. Well, compared to what you guys have to put up with anyway. It's been dipping in the low 30's lately. And that is cold for us! frost on the windshield. Ye ow!

It's supposed to hit 18 tonight .The really cold stuff won't hit until about a month from now if it's going to get that cold .

Actually we haven't had that 20 below stuff in years and only a couple times can I ever remember 30 below .If I never see it that cold again is just fine with me .I'd rather talk about it as be out in it .

Dylan,
This was Kaz' first trip across the US. He is 22 years old. Maybe he looks now like your dad's guest did back then?

I was up in Willard's neck of the woods in late November and it was getting quite cold. No doubt shortly after it became really cold.

Back