you Know It's Cold When...

• Thread starter Frax
  • Start date
  • Replies 57
  • Views 6K
F

Frax

OK. I started this on another arb site last year, but it's still fun.

You know it's cold when....

Your snot bounces off the sidewalk and rolls onto the street.

You have to re-choke the saw between each rigged cut. (true from today).

You can hear wood popping and nothing is happening.

When your bike tires slide out and you crash when you are on a flat road going straight and there is snow or visible ice on it.

You live and work in Edmonton or Winnipeg during the winter. Sorry to say but, cow town gets way nicer weather during the winter.

Cold is... when your guest from Japan agrees to another plate of pancakes to put off bicycling into the morning cold... ('cold' is a subjective matter, even though it is an objective scale; today is actually 'warm' to me).
I'll ride out the first few miles to show him a less-traveled way to go, thus avoiding work another hour :)

When you stop to refuel your saw, and a sound like a rifleshot rings through the forest.

From the ash trees splitting from being frozen.

I haven't heard that sound since the late 70es, and with the weather getting warmer, probably never will again.

We still fell old ash trees with splits in their trunks from back then, though.

When it hurts to breath...

Calgary does have nicer weather by comparison to Edmonton or Winnipeg during the winter. But thats like comparing whether its nicer in Jamaica or Turks and Caicos in the summer. I've been through some cold assed winter days in Cowtown...to be sure. Though Edmonton was either the second or the coldest place on earth for a day a couple winters back.

if anyone hasn't yet seen Jay's fine woodworkings...

Now THAT'S a tiny underbed! :lol:

Ginja+Momi0576.JPG

When piss freezes as it hits the snow...Yellowstone NP, January 1988.

Instant popsicle!!!!

When the students at Bottineau come to class with socks under their sandals. (Had one from southern Indiana many years ago that never did wear socks with his sandals in the 2 years he was up there. I guess the snow on his bare legs shut out the feeling to his feet.

Reminds me of the movie "dity old men " .They could have cared less weather they caught any fish .They just as soon drink beer ,watch the ball game and shoot the breeze .:lol:

To add to Burnham's, no, I don't remember the year but it was behind a closed Target store.
When you pee and get frostbite on the wee wee!

Back