Who's got a porta-ledge? Who's got a Tree Boat?

While many people think laying in a hammock means being bent like a banana, a proper camping hammock is meant for you to lay on the diagonal which can provide a very flat lay. A bridge hammock will get you even flatter. Done right it is much easier on the back than sleeping on the ground (shudder). Anyone with an interest can learn all they need to know over at Hammock Forums where it is said "don't hang higher than you're willing to fall". Exactly the reason I stayed clipped in for this afternoon break.

IMG_4366 (Small).JPG

IMG_4357 (Small).JPG

A well tightened treeboat with a thich air pad in the bottom is not hard on the back.
I use a Big Agnes sleeping bag with a fat integrated air filled pad, which fits right into the Treeboat.
Very Comfy.

http://www.kmart.com/essential-gard...blockNo=1&blockType=G1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

$23.99, convert to a single point suspension overhead by running tubular webbing from the four corners of the center section to a ring or big biner. If the lounger rests against a trunk on one side, shorten the trunk side pair of 'legs' by taking wraps around the spine of an extra biner, effectively shortening the 'leg'. The foot and head are independently adjustable. Put some duct tape on the side that will rub the tree.

make sure its square and it has attachment points on the very corners and in the middle 6 attachment points in all. I just got one on ebay for a wall on el cap and it sucked, the thing was impossible to set up because it wasn't square due to damage on the corners im never buying a used ledge again unless i can set it up first. if you buy online, buy it new. also, many portaledges can be modified easily to accommodate multiple attachment points it just needs to be equalized properly.

Back