Who's got a porta-ledge? Who's got a Tree Boat?

Here's the first ever cargo net platform.....before we realized a trampoline would be far easier and lighter to work with.

We actually had a 3 man tent set up on it for a few months. Id love to set it it up again soon. The bitch about it is.....it takes 2-3 men a full day to put it up.

Attachments

• P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010022.jpg
    P1010022.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010018.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 19
For sleeping in, I would think that might be even more comfy than a hammock or trampoline. The sag is always hell on my back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree. The big platform seems to win the contest for coolest and most comfy. Although the portability looks a little awkward to set up by yourself.

I've seen a goodly number of tree-sit platforms over the years...the variety and creativity has always been pretty cool to me. The ones with a solid base, like Top's, have always been the most comfortable to be in, but are far more complex to assemble...and dis-assemble. Let's not look too closely at how I know :/:.

I should clarify. The whole cargo net / trampoline deal was never just mine. It was a collaboration between me, my brother Todd, and Dave N (tntree). It started with the just the net, then we added the plywood floor and that progressed to the trampoline floor.

sorry for the derail

Well I pulled the trigger. My hope is that one of my friends will get one or I will need another one. I don't think the wifey will be into it but the kids surely will. I have a large ponderosa picked out to set up first night.

Yep. Damn hard pill to swallow. Took me a few years to wash it down. Decided on the tree boat with mosquito netting.

Says the man with the timber wolf. Sure wish i had that toy ..erm...tool today. Likewise, I expect it will see some good use over the years.

Built one of these back in FL to camp in the swamp. Could transport it in by canoe but it wasn't super light. Pretty sweet though. 4x8 sheet of plywood ripped down the center with four supports underneath it where the ropes attached to the platform. We kept it close to the ground to hide it while not there, one person could raise it up to what ever height they desired.

100_0705.jpg 100_0712.jpg 100_0711.jpg

That looks like a sweet set up. Swamp camping?

Bout the only place in suburban FL, that no one will bother you, or your gear left behind....eeewwwww yucky Swamp!!!!:lol::)

That spot is called Buzzard Point and is extremely neat. Every evening around sundown, anywhere from 50 or so buzzards hover around in the sky and then land there and sleep in the trees. Amazingly you rarely get shat on! But if you show up after they land and fall asleep, it disturbs them, and they fall out of the trees...maybe they can't see well at night, not too sure. Amazing place though.

Take a look at the "Draumr". A new hammock designed for old farts who need a level support due to bad backs. You can use an inflatable sleeping pad, and it adjusts to a sitting position as a chair, too.
Well thought out, with bug netting, waterbottle and cell phone pockets and weighs 4.18 lbs (1.9kg).
Only thing that wouldn't work up in the trees is the fly, which they have staked to the ground, but I bet you could design some light fiberglass poles to support the rainfly...

Amoke Equipment's Draumer Hammock (Norway)

Back