What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 481K
Same here, Jim.
Our nice frozen ground has turned to mud and I have 150 large beech trees on the ground, waiting for the forwarder:(

mid 40's and rain...what little snow we had is melting...mildest Winter here I remember...so far:/:.

Yesterday it was minus 1 and hey, sorry, but I think that is freakin cold. Sure I could go walk in the woods no problemo in that, it would be awesome, but to work outside or try to accomplish something in those temps, nah.

I did an appointment today in 14* F, no way I could write an estimate in that temp so I dictated the specs into my Iphone to write it up later. My bare hand on the phone seriously froze being in the weather for 5 or so minutes.:whine:

Saw my first house-fly of the season yesterday. :-(. They drive me crazy. Somehow they keep seeming to sneak in.

57 when I got to work at 8:00. It was so warm last night, there was more wood in the boiler this morning than when I left it last night.

I just read that they had to drop having the world championship in dog sledding, in Alaska this year.
No snow.

Greenland is living up to it's name, too.
No snow.

I lost half my logging season.
No snow and frost.

Things are changing.

On the other hand, some things never change.
Ethiopia has a drought again.
We'll have to send food down there again, so lots of clan chiefs can get rich and the rest of the population starve.

At least one can count on some things remaining constant in this world of change.

Back