What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 482K
f that's hot in Boston, you'd melt here.

No doubt I'd be a puddle down there.

It's the big swings in temp/humidity here that make it suck right now. Once temps and humidity get up and stay up it gets easier.

How cold does it get down there in the winter?

Only good in it is it will be raining by 3:00

Good? That just makes it like a steaming sauna... orrrr, did you mean you shut down?

How cold does it get down there in the winter?

I swear, it's like we're completely losing our winter season. My long underwear hasn't seen any use in nearly a decade. We haven't had a hard freeze in years.

It was in the 90's today .Of course I was in a big air conditioned factory so how would I know .:D

Wheat is funny .About 10 days ago it was nice and green .True to form it's now nearly ready for harvest .Also true to form we've been having bouts of rain .Every so often we get a bout of hail about the first of July which really makes the farmers gnash their teeth .

Rarely there is a wheat field fire .They talk about forest fires but you haven't seen anything burn as fast as a wheat field .

Rain Rain and more Rain! I am getting really tired of Rain. I spent most of the day standing in rain puddles ankle deep chipping storm damage. My boots are on the PEET drier now. I think we have had something like 11" in the past three days.

You know it's kind of amazing what a little rain can do .Just a few days ago the grass was getting brownish .After just a tiny bit of rain the last several days that stuff is nice and green again .So are the weeds in my garden for that matter .

Butch nailed it. It may hover near the 40F mark for a couple of days. Never much colder. But high humidity is cold is as bad as high humidity heat from what I'm told. We have two seasons are, summer and fall.

Rain Rain and more Rain! I am getting really tired of Rain. I think we have had something like 11" in the past three days.

It's stopped here for now, not sure how much we got altogether but over 6" saturday night and sunday. Our main dam is overflowing and flooding a few places that haven't seen that happen before.

It was getting close to empty a few years ago and we were on water restrictions, I didn't think it would ever overflow again with the amount of people here now. Supposed to be fine next week.

Lovely day here today, the damp rainy season briefly abated for some reason. Good timing, I took a friend of mine to lunch, some soul refreshing food. His wife died in a car accident some years ago and he gets lonely and down now and then. Tends to start drinking kind of heavily too. Seemed to cheer him up, at least he looked better. Kind of haggard lately I have been noticing. Great that the weather cooperated.

I found a good way to sleep when the temp and humidity are high, is to get a miniature fan and have it blow directly on my face. Seems to get the Zs to start rocking. If i wake up later I turn it off. A timer is good too.

What? Frig that - I have my AC cooling my house nice and comfortable. It sure as shit ain't 92 in here!

You don't have AC, Jay? I know we didn't need it in Misawa...

No, MB, since I am at some elevation with snow still melting above, though the days can be hot, the mornings and evenings are almost always cool to almost cold. Predictably at around 4:30 PM it starts to cool. A brief period of hot nights if at all. I would say that by far, the majority of people in this region don't have AC. Other areas it is definitely essential to sleep. Energy costs are quite high here, having an AC running a lot will give a big bill. A fan is pretty basic though.

I want to get that cooling vest but $ is too tight right now. I think I might just get that neck one for $29 until I can afford the vest. I have been up in the tree without a shirt a few times this year already. I only do that when working at certain customers homes I know well and I am not in the public eye. I will have my groundie put my shirt in the ice chest and send it up to me when I start to overheat. I bit of a shock at first but helps get your core temp down for maybe 15 minutes. Lol! Then pour ice cold water over my head every 30 minutes or so! I worked in the rain several times recently as well. Then try to take a break when the steam bath begins. If finishing up on the ground I will plan my day with the shade. I even schedule jobs when and if there is shade.

I agree. I always wear a shirt. Adrian gave me some of his moisture wicking shirts and they help, but today was hot no matter which way you spin it. Did the biggest tree to date for me. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372389880.296404.jpg

Hanging below your waist like that is a heat retainer. You've gotta trim them shorter, to hang.

Forgive the repost...

Attachments

• P5120021 (Large).jpg
    P5120021 (Large).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 23
108 F by Sunday, hanging until Tues with high humidity. I am soooooooo not happy...
Up side is, both jobs, Monday and Tuesday are prunes and one prune/cable. So I will be in shade all day.
Dave has it worse in Tucson though. 112 plus... I am so glad I don't like in AZ anymore.

Back