What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 482K
Another new record low for this date in April. +9 degrees this morning, breaking the previous record low for April 23rd, which was +17 degrees, set in 1988.

It appears that this trend of record cold weather for North Dakota is about to come to an abrupt end.....and I can't wait. We haven't even reached 40 degrees yet this year. Average daily highs should be in the high 50s. High today of 34 degrees.

Joel

Might FREEZE, HERE, tonight ... and tomorrow night ... GOOD BYE SPRING! :D

GREAT deadwooding today. :thumbup:

BUT, it'll be hotter than the hinges of hell ... soon enough. :(

Probably about 78-80 today and the last few.. Cool at night so you need a couple blankets with the window open. Been hot until recent. Gonna be hot sooner than later. Wish I could have killed that pine today :(

Silly weather for us too. It's the may's end, but it's typically the marsh's weather.
Cold, rainy and windy days.
It isn't fun at all to end soaked almost every days.

We had two weeks of real nice and unseasonably mild early spring weather, ended a week ago, back to fires in the woodstove now.

The earlier weather was the wow! part...now is normal. We got snow below pass level last Wednesday and Thursday...that's 3500 feet or so. Normal May weather.
:)

Weather's been great for the last few months, getting a bit cool now though and it started raining on Saturday afternoon.

We sure have had some since then, I've spent three days in my shed cleaning up and trying to make some room and working on saws. I've got to sell some of this stuff.

Yesterday in Boston was punishing.. I was in the city by 7 and it was already 80 with humidity in the mid 80%'s. Thankfully the humidity dropped a bit as the temp went up but it was in the low 90s in the shade by 11.

The coolvest made it's first appearance of the season. Man thank God for that thing.

Our police detail was part of the Boston bomb squad and he said they use them too under their 90lb bomb suits. I was glad he knew what it was considering we were working just a few blocks from where the marathon bombings were.

I do wish I bought a second set of packs. They're $129 + 12 to ship now. I don't even think they do a discount for a second set of packs when you buy a vest now. I'll probably pull the trigger anyway.. it ain't getting any cooler out!

FWIW, I just called them to ask if they did any discounts for repeat customers. She gave me the coupon code info-10 for 10% off. Figured I'd pass it on.

Yea, you've gotta bite the bullet and just go ahead and order them. And I don't even feel 80%, that's about heaven here!

FWIW, I just called them to ask if they did any discounts for repeat customers. She gave me the coupon code info-10 for 10% off. Figured I'd pass it on.

That's mighty smart of them

Its been hot and humid here. It was bad enough yesterday I called off tree work before it started and put up an EZ UP canopy at the yard and we split wood under it. Carrying logs and putting them on the splitter sucked but it needed to be done. Space is tight right now. Clean up time.

Back