What Do You Use?

What Do You Use?

• Total voters
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm on a laptop, but I have it hooked up to a monitor and wireless keyboard and mouse. I've delegated my old home PC to back up status.

I do that because like my keyboard angled towards me, along with a bigger screen.

My keyboard is angled, it's got little feet things at the back and slides back under my monitor.

I don't get time through the day for computer stuff, so I'm night time only. Rarely use my laptop.

PC, 24" monitor with a usb tv tuner and a good chair and footrest. That's about all I need except for a beer now and then.8)

I read a lot on my phone, but reserve most posts for the laptop.. I dont own a desktop computer but megs boss bought her a really nice Mac desktop, hopefully when she graduates she gets to keep it.

My wireless mouse fairly frequently falls off the desk, the batteries sometimes go flying. My keyboard too on occasion.

My previous iMac lived ten years and went out like a rock star. It had been smelling a bit funny for a few days, then sent a plume of black smoke up to the ceiling and instantly dropped dead.

You guys DO know that you need to blow your computers out about twice a year, right? I actually have filters taped over the intakes of my CPU.

I'm currently using a Mac, which I bought for my wife, but my HP is moved to another room without internet, so I just use the Mac. I'm getting to like it more and more.

And yeah, Butch, I learned about blowing them out when my HP started sounding like an airplane running all the time. I just take the panel off and run a shop vac nozzle around inside the case. It gets 90% of the dust out. Plus you don't have to take it outside to do it.

Never knew that about clearing the dust! Thanks for the tip! I certainly don't live in a hermetically sealed environment. Just coming home my wife sometimes will start sneezing.

90% desktop pc, 5% schmartphone, 5% laptop. If the wife would let me use it there would be maybe 15% iPad but....

I use a can of compressed air to blow the dust off periodically, the vacuum idea was highly squashed around here due to the change of static discharge.

I just heard on the radio that 50% of American adults now own at least one tablet computer or a smart phone. It appears that it's the wave of the future.

Yea, I'm thinking this computer thing just might catch on after all, lulz...

Back