What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

mountain lion? never seen that cross my plate, whats it like Willie?

we had chicken burgers on ciabatta buns with spicy sweet potato wedges. Sorry, no pics, next nice meal I make I will pull out the camera again, now that it seems I am not the only one with a penchant for meal time pics.

yummy. wife ays it tastes like chicken:roll: i dont eat fowl meat so i wouldnt know:D first time i had it i was shocked at how tender and delicious it was. now i cant wait to find another, on my terms of course:D

I was in San Antonio, TX last week and had one of the best steaks I've ever eaten; at a place called the Texas Roadhouse. It's a franchise, but dang it was good.

We eat at the Texas Roadhouse here, at least once a month, Erin loves it there. Willie Nelson is somehow affiliated with the franchise.
French bread pizza tonight.

one of them rotisserie chickens from the supermarket, and a nice salad with grapes, lettuce, orange and toasted pecan bits :)

Sautee'd red pepper and onions.

Quick grilled sirloin tips seasoned with cumin, salt, pepper, fresh cilantro and lime juice

All served over a bed of black seeded simpson lettuce with sour cream and shredded queso asada/queso blanco and fresh salsa with homegrown cilantro.

Couldn't find any decent avacados for the Guac though.

lefotver chicken with some homemade gravy, leftover homemade sweet potato fries with homemade chipolte mayo, salad :D

just now russlin up a little bowl of chips (Lays low salt) to munch on for a snack.

mmm. We did skewers of shrimp, pineapple and red onion with a sweet oriental marinade, pan seared scallops, rice and garlic bread. :)

Just butchered over 120# of beef today and I am rendering down the scraps for bullion for future meals. I am cooking the boys hot dogs tonight. Momma went to Merced for an appointment tonight and I am about done with cooking and prep.. I retired from being a chef for a reason .. LOL

[QUOTE=CurSedVoyce; cooking and prep.. I retired from being a chef for a reason ..
Dude , we have that in common...cooked for many years... Saturday I shucked , blanched , cooled . bagged , and froze an entire bushel of Corn... felt the same exact way...

havent had supper yet but its going to ba a broccoli salad (no lettuce, mainly broccolli, tomaters, carrots, celery and dressing) with mashed taters with a dutch meal item my parents called 'kroketten' I LOVE them. :D
kroketten.gif

I picked some up at the european deli today, along with a couple salted herring for tomorrow, the wife is going to her parents for the night so I can have halitosis and no one will care. :)
492149736_2060449e59.jpg

Fried shrimp with rice....everything's with rice. I bet you guys didn't know that Asians, being predominantly rice eaters, have way longer intestines than people in the west. Perhaps not the most fun thing to think about, but can anyone guess why?

Rice isn't really fiber, it's a glutenous carbohydrate. Maybe they eat more vegetables here, but that's not a factor apparently. Here's a hint, looking at it on the western side, why are the intestines shorter there?