What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I use our breadmaker to fire up the beer pizza dough, mmmm good.

tonight we are having medallions of atlantic salmon stuffed with cream cheese and shrimp, pineapple rice and a nice green salad. oh, and abit of cheesebread under the broiler for a little starter.
yeah, thats me cooking... :)

Squasher, are you coming down to the tree failure training thing in a couple weeks? I am too lazy to go look for the thread I started about it.

chix breast with a heavy cream sauce, sauteed leeks mixed in, portabella mushrooms, and a dash of Gewurztraminer wine.

appetizer was triskets, a bit of gouda cheese, sliced fig, and a very small glass of Madeira.

I am being treated well tonight. Not like last night which was Tortallini and pesto.
Women, go figure

Squasher, are you coming down to the tree failure training thing in a couple weeks? I am too lazy to go look for the thread I started about it.

No Paul between plowing and wrapping things up at that station I'm gonna be homebound for awhile longer. 29th is my release date but I'll be another week or two finalizing financials and taking care of all the loose ends.

Oh yah the pizza was delicious.

I have a big pot of chili on but we are going to have stir fry tonight! The chili is for the guys tomorrow.

planning to make a pizza tonight, home made dough in the breadmaker, not sure what toppins yet, going to the market shortly for inspiration.

Wife is going to one of her gal-friends place for dinner and a movie so I am by my lonesome, working on baby's room. I saw something on the cooking channel a long time ago where they made a tortilla with cream cheese and some stuff like a big sushi roll. I am going to make a couple for the wife to take to work tomorrow :)

Yikes, lots of fat and sodium. Not good for us "older" folks. Meals like that are convenient and often very tasty, but you pay a price in nutritional value. I've been trying to make more homemade meals these days. It costs less and its better for you.

I agree, we do try to not used pre-fab foods when we can, most days its scratch cooking for us, easy on the salt ;)

we balanced the meal yesterday by having a juice (four apples, two carrots and three big florets of brocolli) instead of popcorn as a snack. :)

after a trip to the grocer plans have changed... pizza will not be homemade dough but tortilla shells as crust. just so y'all are in the loop.

tis easy! tortilla, little bit of pizza sauce, couple toppings easy on the cheese and about 8 to 10 mins at 350 on the mid to upper rack (with or without pizza pan depending on how crunchy you like the crust) finished with about 2 minutes under the broiler. Ended up making two and eating one plus a couple pieces of the second. Good stuff.

the first one was red pepper, chorizo, bit of mozza and a bit of cheddar (orange cheese?), second was the same but I added some chopped up oyster mushroom.

Attachments

• P1200967.JPG
    P1200967.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 16
  • P1200968.JPG
    P1200968.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 18
  • P1200969.JPG
    P1200969.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 16
yesterday I made chicken cacciatore in the crockpot, threw it down over macaroni, was well received. :)

Tonight I have a couple little fillets of a fish called Basa likely to bread them and pan fry them, spinach salad and maybe some rice as sides.

hmm, after googling the beast it seems to be an import out of Viet Nam and the area.

wifey hates january so shes throwing a hawaiian party (even though weve never been there:)) and were going to kabobs on the grill

nice. We had a friend do that a couple years ago. went to a party rental joint and bought some cheezy palm tree and lei decorations. was fun. :) dont forget to have a mai tai!

We are headed out to Herbie's, John is taking Mr. Mutton and they will cook it for him...dunno what I will have.

Chinese food yesterday.

Leftover chinese food today. :) having a bowl of wonton oup as we speak.

Then off to find some paint for the baby's room. Pops in law threw down new borders and crown moldings over the last couple days. :D

Chinese take out tonight. Yum!!! Its danged expensive though. Last time was over $70!!!

having stir fry in a little bit. lastnight was pork and buck shishkabobs with baby potatoes, pineapple, shiitake, tomatoes and sweet onion. yummy!