What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I got some elk brats cooking up from last year. Mmmmmmm elk brats! Gotta make room in the freezer.;)

As some of you know my mother owns a restaurant here in Loveland and I raid it VERY often. Why you ask, well because I can and I have a key.;) Anyway, Saturday night was Cajun night and it was so good then that I felt the need this evening to relive the Cajun love.

Shrimp etouffee, jambalaya, spiced potatoes, corn chowder, and green beans. If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times.... I love having a key to stomach ecstasy!!!!

Thanks mom.:D

a pound of hot wings (too hot actually, I gave up after 6 and got the rest to go) and a plate of sweet potato fries with chipolte mayo dip. good eats. Wife had a beef dip, moms in law had a teriyaki chicken meal, was at an establishment, I paid, calling it a corporate exec meeting, think the tax man will cipher it? :shifty:

Dude, we gotta have a party at YOUR place! :D

I soooooo agree! I eat like a king there and I'd feed every tree houser that came my way..... well Squishy might scare off customers so he'd have to be afterhours.:D

I've never ate lamb.
Butch, A man of your discriminating taste would probably enjoy it. It is best cooked just slightly rare(but then as far as I'm concerned the ONLY proper way to prepare beef, venison or lamb is "Medium") Lamb is luscious...but mutton is atrocious.

mutton is growed up lamb, non?
I had lamb the other night in a dish, was kinda gamey... bleaugh.

lamb souvlaki is nice! :)

Lamb is flavorful but mild, succulent and sweet. Once the critturs grow up their meat becomes mutton-which tastes like a wet wool sweater coated with lard.

As some of you know my mother owns a restaurant here in Loveland and I raid it VERY often. Why you ask, well because I can and I have a key.;) Anyway, Saturday night was Cajun night and it was so good then that I felt the need this evening to relive the Cajun love.

Shrimp etouffee, jambalaya, spiced potatoes, corn chowder, and green beans. If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times.... I love having a key to stomach ecstasy!!!!

Thanks mom.:D

I didn't know your mom has a restaurant! Fun!

Mutton cooked slowly is a very nice meat, younger yews or rams are favoured, old rams can taste a bit musky imo.

wife is makin up her first chicken pot pie, I just got back from a walk to the grocery store to get her the fixins she didnt have on hand. :)

I am looking forward to it, smells good already!

aint she lovely? 22 1/2 weeks worth of generating our first little one, cooking up a storm!

:D
for reference sake here she is in non pregnant mode:
image.php