What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Since Katy's birthday, valentines day are close together, I try to plan taking her out and add on stuff for both. Plus I give her gift cards for Christmas. So I took her shopping after work yesterday to Victorias Secret and such. Then out to dinner to the Cheese Cake Factory. She had never been..
She ordered some fancy drinks since I was designated driver. Then we both had some Pasta. Ordered some cheese cakes to go that sounded delightful. Then movie on the way home.. Argyle. Hilarious BTW.
Cheese cake and coffee for breakie.
Good times

I've only had moose once. A very memorable occasion. We were chipping brush and it was -15 at noon with high winds. We were nearly frozen, but the guy who we rented the chipper from was from Quebec. He thought it was springtime. When we went to dump chips, the homeowner invited us in for some moose stew that had been on the wood stove all day. Still ranks as one of the best meals I've ever had.

Pizza the way they make it in southern Italy.
Thin potato slices, truffle oil, black olives and chevre.
Rosemary from the greenhouse.

Pan seared beef tenderloin, fingerling taters in garlic rosemary butter, with a baby bella shroom onion Parmesan cream sauce, and a chop salad.

Last night was Sonic. Which I always find to a dismal failure in the realm of fast food. But Sarah likes their awful foot longs, and she drug me and the kids out to go clothes shopping for the sitter. So greasy nastiness it was. Every one of those places I've ever been to serve the grossest, greasiest food I've seen. They used to do good slushes but they haven't even got that right in ages.

I shouldn't complain, it's food and there's no wonder why it may go to ashes in my mouth.

Didn't feel like cooking last night, so we decided to get Chipotle. Went online to order 2 Burrito Bowls: $28.
Also didn't feel like driving, so I checked the DoorDash price. Exact same order with DoorDash was $47!
So, my wife made the 5-minute trip to pick them up.

Decided against following your doctor's advice, we see. That didn't last long.
You told me to start buying my food from a grocery store, which is what I did in this case. I was also specifically told to eat a lot of protein, so I got boneless wings to make in the oven and just sauced them by hand. Also made these mozzarella sticks in an air fryer versus deep frying. You're witnessing food for one meal of one day, and the reason I haven't shared the rest of my meals is because they've been so boring and healthy and quite literally not even worth mentioning. I had gone almost two days without eating and just wanted something fun to eat once I started feeling back to normal. You're misjudging the situation, @Burnham, but I appreciate your concern. Every meal I've eaten (besides this one) has been protein shakes, boiled chicken, rice and fresh vegetables, with a few other healthy meal choices ever since the doctor told me what to do.

Last edited:
You told me to start buying my food from a grocery store, which is what I did in this case. I was also specifically told to eat a lot of protein, so I got boneless wings to make in the oven and just sauced them by hand. Also made these mozzarella sticks in an air fryer versus deep frying. You're witnessing food for one meal of one day, and the reason I haven't shared the rest of my meals is because they've been so boring and healthy and quite literally not even worth mentioning. I had gone almost two days without eating and just wanted something fun to eat once I started feeling back to normal. You're misjudging the situation, @Burnham, but I appreciate your concern. Every other meal I've eaten has been protein shakes, boiled chicken, rice and fresh vegetables, with a few other healthy meal choices.
Brother go buy a giant hunk of beef, and a big bag of charcoal,(Kingsford is best, look into their history to find out why) and a bottle of Montreal Steak seasoning. You won't be disappointed. Or...

Make a pot roast, I'll give you the secret ingredient to make it taste like Granny's...

Psst it's this stuff! 20240226_123347.jpg

Brother go buy a giant hunk of beef, and a big bag of charcoal,(Kingsford is best, look into their history to find out why) and a bottle of Montreal Steak seasoning. You won't be disappointed. Or...

Make a pot roast, I'll give you the secret ingredient to make it taste like Granny's...

Psst it's this stuff! View attachment 136504
Holy shit, I thought I was the only one. Montreal steak seasoning is the BEST. Have a grill here. Would love your recipie.

I wish I could keep kitchen bouquet on my pantry shelf. I can only get qrt quart plus local unless I order it on line. Inevitably, the bottle gets dropped in the pantry creating quite the brown mess.

The stuff is Granny's secret ingredient, I'm telling ya!

@Knotorious grab a McCormick marinade mix, in Montreal Steak, mix the packet with two glugs of distilled white vinegar, 3 glugs of worchestershire, and the juice strained from a can of crushed pineapple. Let the meat marinade, at lest two hours. DO NOT MATINADE OVERNIGHT! The enzymes in the pineapple juice will turn a steak into soup! Grill over Kingsford to your preferred level of done, with a sprinkling of McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning on either side, added just before it sees the flame.

Decided against following your doctor's advice, we see. That didn't last long.
You know what? I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm trying to stop sounding like an autistic person...

I should have said...

"It's homemade this time. You're absolutely right, though, but at least there was protein! Thanks for your concern."

Sorry,@Burnham.

Last edited: