What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I'll have to try baked falafel some time. Frying is a bit of a hassle, so I don't make them often.

Guacamole and tortilla chips.

I hardly ever buy avocadoes here, because they almost always disappoint.
My wife has found a farmer's cooperative that delivers direct to our door from Spain.
You do have to buy a whole big box, though.
So a box of oranges and one of avocadoes arrived this week.
Both outstandingly good.

So it'll be avocadoes for dinner till they are gone.

I like avocado just cut up on a plate with a bit of salt or Adobo seasoning. Good snack, but too easy to eat. If I could grow them here, I'd probably be 300#.

Pot roast, with a baby belle mushroom red wine cream sauce reduction, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, pan roasted Yukon gold with rosemary, and sautéed fresh green beans. Nine year wedding anniversary. The real anniversary dinner is going to be a six course meal prepared by a Michelin starred chef at a newer restaurant in Lake Geneva. Next weekend. I can’t wait!

Pot roast, with a baby belle mushroom red wine cream sauce reduction, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, pan roasted Yukon gold with rosemary, and sautéed fresh green beans. Nine year wedding anniversary. The real anniversary dinner is going to be a six course meal prepared by a Michelin starred chef at a newer restaurant in Lake Geneva. Next weekend. I can’t wait!
All that and not a simple picture, what a slacker. ;)

Where in Schweiz are you staying?
I might have some suggestions about things to see and do.

Ah!
I'll never quite get used to Americans naming their places after where they emigrated from.
To me, Genfersee or lake Geneva is in Schweiz.

My bad.

It's a myth that avocados make you fat, like eggs will clog you up.
But, everything in moderation, including moderation.
I love avos, there is someone growing them in the north of Tasmania, small scale, but I never would have thought they could handle the temperate climate.

Another Buffalo staple, that I believe is available in a lot of other states now, Sahlen’s smokehouse hot dogs.
Dill relish, sugar free ketchup, and Weber’s horseradish mustard on some Aldi zero carb bread. Really good, but should’ve chopped up a little onion.
Sahlen’s does some pretty good deli meats too, I really like their sliced roasted turkey breast, and I usually don’t care for turkey.

Got a bunch of lunch meat from a little deli around the corner, picked up my order and noticed they have pastrami now, they were mopping and getting ready to close in 5 minutes, I think I’ll go back tomorrow and try a pound. Never had it before.

M made her concoction of thick sliced chicken breasts rolled in homemade pesto and dredged in panko. Browned in a hot skillet for 5 minutes per side, then into the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Served with couscous mixed with a bit of finely chopped sautéed veggies and a nice salad.

You all must have lost your cameras...sheeez. Nothing gourmet here but who doesn't like a bit of linguine with a bit of steamed broccoli? Batching it for a bit here, keep your stick on the ice. IMG_20220314_194425_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
We’re working Thursday, so corned beef and cabbage tonight. Some oven roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon, and Toni made this pan fried cabbage and bacon stuff, really good, I loaded mine up with black pepper. There’s a lot more carrots and potatoes in the slow cooker, just not on my plate. Had to have a taste though.
31D0154B-DDAC-4690-A0C1-30918C74B40D.jpeg 8F7AA92E-63DA-4856-A9AA-E60746C2DFCE.jpeg

I've tried them almost every way, steamed, boiled, roasted, covered in garlic, butter etc etc. Just can't warm to them.
More for you :)