What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I haven't gotten canned oysters in a long time, but I don't remember grit. I've had oyster stew that had some grit. Dunno the origin of the oysters though.

1. How to cook buckwheat: Pour water into a saucepan and put it on fire.
2. While the water boils, you can have time to sort out the buckwheat (if necessary).
3. And rinse.
4. Add salt to the boiled water. And pour all the buckwheat into a saucepan.
Yes, in order for it to become even tastier, buckwheat can be put on a dry frying pan and calcined, warming up so that all excess moisture goes away, but if you don't have time for these manipulations, then you can do it easier - immediately cook buckwheat. Interestingly, in terms of protein content, buckwheat is a full-fledged alternative to animal protein. To supply the body with this building material, it must be present daily in the menu of athletes, vegetarians, pregnant women and just people who care about their health. The content of ingredients in 100 grams of cereals, milligrams
Vitamins
Tocopherol (E) 6.65
Niacin (PP) 4,2
Riboflavin (B2) 0.2
Pyridoxine (B6) 0,4
Thiamine (B1) 0.43
Folic acid (B9) 0.032
Beta-carotene (A) 0.002
Macronutrients
Potassium 380
Phosphorus 298
Magnesium 200
Sulfur 88
Chlorine 33
Calcium 20
Sodium 3
Trace elements
Silicon 81
Iron 6,7
Zinc 2.03
Manganese 1.56
Copper 0.64
Boron 0.35
Titanium 0.034
Molybdenum 0.033
Fluorine 0.023
Nickel 0.01
Selenium 0.0083
Chrome 0.004
Iodine 0.0033
Cobalt 0.0031 Once I was in the South of Russia and found buckwheat soup there. It was a big surprise! :)

Last edited:
There used to be a sweetened breakfast cereal here called Buc Wheats. I'd love to have that again, but they quit making it decades ago.

edit:
Looked it up, and corrected spelling. Discontinued in 1983 after ruining the formula, and sales dropped.

Buckwheat is a great soil building plant.

It grows well in marginal and dry ground.

We try to incorporate buckwheat in our cover crop rotations...but the grain buyers are afraid of it.

If any buckwheat is found in your regular wheat...they say they can condemn the whole crop.

Has to do with a Asian buckwheat allergy.

I find that strange because don't the Asians eat a lot of buckwheat noodles?