What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Man, youse guys are so screwed. I totally win supper tonight.

Our own grass fat beef, Chipotle mayonnaise, fried onions and jalapeño, blue cheese, 57 sauce.

One of the best burgers ever. Navy buddy came out and cooked.

Top it off with a bottle of Pendleton Rye, and some Jack Daniel's once that was gone.

Spent the evening talking about the old days.

porkchops & fried taters followed by just-out-of-the-oven cinnamon crumb cake...then some more crumb cake...then just one more piece...

It would be hard to bake in Louisiana, just seems like it anyway.

I think I will get back into bread making this winter. Once I can do it well enough, I will try my wood cook stove.

I just need to find a good, reliable chimney sweep..............

Ha! Is el wifo a bit of a hoarder like my wife??

I had 12 eggs for dinner. I think 15 would be even better, next time. My neighbor very kindly gave me 2 dozen fresh ones from his chickens. Fwiw, I couldnt tell any taste difference between them and store-bought eggs. They're all good!

Scramby eggs.

I didn't see the yokes, the Mrs. cooked them.

I only ask because I cant tell the difference either, if the yolks are yellow. Darker yellow is better, meaning fresher.

Dark orange is best, it means that the chicken has been foraging and eating all sorts of tasty chit!

I cant believe I forgot to put scrambled eggs in my list......I thought it was pretty thorough.

Wife reports the yolks were yellow but darker than normal compared with store bought eggs.