What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Well, this'n aint for the paleo types, but here goes.

Had some white flour shells, so I decided to use them up.

I started with a pound and a half of extra lean ground beef, chopped up a medium onion and cooked it up all together in a big sauce pan, with some chili and garlic.

Once it was cooked, I added a packet of taco meat seasoning. Mixed it all up and added a can of drained corn, drained stewed tomatoes, and a can of drained chili beans. Cooked it for a while on hi and then added a part of a can of red enchilada sauce. Cooked it down a bit.

Took a deep round ceramic casserole dish and sprayed some Pam in the bottom and place a 10 inch taco shell in the bottom. Added some of the meat mix and put some shredded cheddar cheese on it. Then I covered it with a shell and did the same until I used all four shells. Topped it with a small corn shell, just cause it seemed like it needed topped with something. I was gonna put the rest of the red sauce on top but I forgot!

Topped it with some queso and baked it a 350 for about 25 mins.

Everyone had seconds!

Grilling King Salmon tonight.

Forgot to get pics of the whole Silver Salmon grilled first week of Mar. Will try and remember on the next one.

Dads friend that is also retired Navy flew in from Seattle awhile back. He brought with him 2 coolers full of different fish packed in dry ice from past catches vacuum packed .
Been working on my 1/3 pretty hard. Tuna loins etc. Cant remember them all.

grill 034.JPG

Cream of cauliflower soup with croutons made from pumpernickel bread.
Simple country fare:)
The cauliflower was from Spain, so probably full of pesticides, but in winter, one makes do.

No cabbage to celebrate the death of St. Patrick?

Grandpa used to wash his cauliflower and broccoli, but not soak it.

I asked him why not. I thought that there were worms in those plants.

He said, hell, all they eat is cauliflower and broccoli, cant hurt anything to eat em.

I bet they are tasteless when mixed with other food.

What did I have tonight?

Ele8gtDOd1tlQ4TebRJkf6XgpciDD2e57Jf5E3UwAzvfPs0kLhOXJLewZYsu1CFn9CPly0TLvrZUCqJnXMn0=s400

Sonic....

I had a nice shrimp dinner at the joint in town before I left for the big town to the south west.

Nothing like you guys closer to the water can get for shrimp, but good enough.
Wife had salmon, Richard boy had chicken nuggets, Lynley had a burger. All the essential meats cept for pork.

Love cream of cauliflower soup :)

Unfortunately, I have to ladies here in the house that have milk allergies. :(
Lilly is even reacting to the fresh goat milk now. I hope she out grows it. But I doubt it. My mom is the same way.

Yeah, thats about it.
I don't hardly drink milk at all due to my asthma. Levi is almost about the same. Seth loves the stuff.
I love cream soups. Chowders. I make very good cream soups and sauces, graveys. Just hard to cook around other dietary issues.
Dave (Thattreeguy) is staying here working with me and he is also no dairy.

Cream of cauliflower soup with croutons made from pumpernickel bread.
Simple country fare:)
The cauliflower was from Spain, so probably full of pesticides, but in winter, one makes do.

Cauliflower is one that does not absorb much nastys. Several things don't and several do. Apples, peaches, potatoes, and strawberries do. Something worth looking into.

I decided after some thought, been rattling around in my head for a while now, to go vegetarian.
Today was my first day.
I'm probably not a real vegetarian because I don't consider fish animals but more like flesh robots...
So yeah, also, cheese and eggs I'm allowing. And honey.
Also this is going to make me sound less and less vegetarian but if I kill it myself I will eat it, deer, elk, that sort of deal.
This doesn't mean killing rats or mice or something like that, means I gotta eat it...or something out of protecting myself like black widows or something…

There's actually a lot of thought behind it so this post will look weirder than it is.
Anyway yeah, going vegetarian. Sort of.

I bet in one hundred years they will be LOLing and WTFing about the stuff we're doing right now...

Too bad I won't see it. I'd love it!