What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

image.jpg image.jpg
Rain day equals me coming home early enough to cook dinner. Mushrooms and onions in one pan. Sweet peppers and potatoes in another. Asparagus and a sirloin that marinated in banana pepper juice.

The mail order bride is off to settle some accounts in Schweiz, so I am cooking for myself and don't have to take care that I don't make the food too hot for her.
So, I made a black bean chili with a salad.
Richard, my South African partner, brought me a little jar of Scorpion pepper paste, last time he was home.
A tiny bit on the end of a knife will make a cheese sandwich so hot, it'll almost turn me into a believer.
At least it has me moaning: " Oh God" a lot.
So I put a spoonfull of it into the chili.

Holy Effing God........Hot, hot, hot ,hot.................................hot.

Amazing what just one spoonfull can do:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5ym7Lsqj90c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I did not have any scorpion pepper paste around, so just some Johnny's season salt on some pork chops stuck on a wire over a fire pit.

We call it camp fire night. Its not all mountain man stuff, wife makes a relish dish. Cheese, veggies, pickles, homemade blue cheese dressing.

S'mores too.

Mom has a recipe called Montana Meatloaf.

The loaf itself is good, but the ketchup, brown sugar/mustard powder glaze sends it over the top!

The next day, bread, cheese, two slices of meatloaf, and season salt. And a little ketchup. Gawd dang!

Richard, my South African partner, brought me a little jar of Scorpion pepper paste, last time he was home.
A tiny bit on the end of a knife will make a cheese sandwich so hot,

An Indian girl boards with someone I know, she sends me things on and off because I did a favour for her. This turned up a while back just in time for my cheese and salad sandwich, looked nice and green so being used to chilli I slapped a bit on. Just a little bit too much. :angryfire: Not bad the next time though.

bombay_sandwich.jpg

Fish cakes, potato and broccoli tonight. Hot day and I'm tired.

I always have a couple of jars of Indian stuff in the fridge to spice up the occasional sandwich.
That one looks yummy:)

Jim, you pushed a button by mentioning that homemade blue cheese dressing.
Apart from beer and pigs the Danes aren't good at making stuff, but we do make some world class blue cheese.
Now I know how to welcome the mail order bride, when she returns.
Thanks.

Been baking a bit lately...never did before. Had 1/2 a cake for a snack last night and a couple more pieces for breakfast. Much of this and I can maybe challenge Jim to sumo wrestle.:lol:

I do loves me some German Chocolate! Get one every year on my birthday, well I guess they forgot this year. I am the only one in the family who likes coconut.

Alright August......got a recipe? Or a link? I am well and truly intrigued.