What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

You got it Butch! knowing how healthy your diet is I ate it for ya....your piece tasted wonderful.;)

COOKIE!!!!

cookie-monster_with_text.jpg

after two days of illness (we suspect food poisoning as somehow all three of us had crazy fast symptoms and short duration food ejection issues) I managed to eat something solid this morning, an egg-dog :) Hello Hebrew National and free range egg. Just so I don't look too kooky I had a coffee as well, not my usual cup of tea, no pun intended.

Attachments

• P6280906 (Large).jpg
    P6280906 (Large).jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1
  • P6280917 (Large).jpg
    P6280917 (Large).jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1
Sorry Paul... further south...

Very easy....
1/2 cube butter melt in a pan
8oz of sliced mushrooms sautéed in the butter with black pepper and granulated onion to taste.
as the mushrooms start to soften almost cooked add 2 TBS of fresh chopped garlic..
sauté until the garlic blooms..
add 1/2 cup of brandy, burgundy or sherry (whatever the mood)
reduce to almost a syrup.
add beef stock (about 4 cups)
bring to boil and thicken with a rue/whitewash (flour and water or milk mix). Has to be minimum of 180* to thicken a sauce BTW. Not necessary to boil, but with a broth type sauce.. I will.. Creme sauce ... just before boil... Patience..
1tsp kitchen bouquet
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
drop of soy
drop of A-1

Probably won't need salt... but salt to taste.

This is like a base sauce.. you can also add onions and peppers.. green peppercorns...
rosemary.. even a splash of balsamic vinegar.

In a restaurant.. I would do this as a natural reduction with a slice of butter at the end omitting a thickening agent. Cooked to order.

Oh..., and try it by omitting the butter and sauté some bacon instead and keep a smidgen of bacon grease in the pan when you put in the shrooms.. cracked pepper instead of ground... green onion at the end. Killer!