VT hitch advise

I keep thinking that the hitch climber pulley could have ears or flaps that would hold the hitch cord and keep it from splaying outward when the hitch is advanced. Another thought I have is that if the first three inches of the hitch cord where dipped in something and stiffer that it might run smoother.

Supposedly the grizzly splices work nice with it but haven't tried it personally.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I have been wanting to get the one recommended, spend time looking at the picture of it in the catalog, but I could purchase more than a week's worth of sushi for the price of that thing. Work is still kind of slow, so I'll have to climb with mickey for awhile yet. Appreciate knowing that the one is better, though.

I really like mine. I will even be buying another. One for my rope bridge for multiple attachment points there. Rounded edges seem to be kinder to the rope as well :)

Bodean: It's way, way, way, way, way, way better. I'm with Jay though, the expense wld make whatever mechanical advantage gained seem hardly justifiable, and yet, having used it in comparison with all the others, I'd now pay twice the amount for it.

If it were twice what it cost... two things....
I would consider myself to be in the wrong part of the business.
I would try and find a workaround.

:D

I concur Deva, I thought "how could it be better?" But from the first time you use it it is smooth. I think the wide sheave and minimal overhang of the cheek plates do it

Is the hitchclimber really the dogs knees?

I mean is it worth it? or more gimmicky?

I thought the same thing. I bought one and really like it.

I bought a metal rope wrench a few days ago and expect that I'll like it a lot more, and it will be more worth the money.

Yeah... Let us know how the rope wrench works out for you. I've been pretty curious about it.

So the VT's just a back up? Wld it even really bite-in and slow you down on an SRT set-up like that.:what:

And the funny thing was today... I used close to that for my second crotch tie in MB... Only it was a Blakes on True Blue. I almost tied a Taughtline in your honor ;)

So the VT's just a back up? Wld it even really bite-in and slow you down on an SRT set-up like that.:what:

No it is not at all a back-up. It is a load sharing device. In DdRT you have two legs of rope, so half of your bodyweight is on each leg, so half of your body weight is on your hitch. If you have all of your BW on your hitch, it will lock up and burn up. If you have the RW taking half or more of your BW, then your hitch is back to 1/2 or so of your BW. SRT on a hitch with the typical hitch performance of DdRT.

It works.

That looks better Cary. Is that a 5/16ths Ultra tech cord on the VT?
Should grab nice if it is.

love that ultratech 8mm, it grabs and runs smooth, and with the RW sharing the friction ( are you reading this inbredjed lol ) it works sweet.

Back