UNDER ARMOUR

currently 14 degrees here in Boise. I think a fire from last nights coals are in order.

I don't know how it performs, but it sure does look good on Lindsey Vonn. :D

Attachments

• lindsey vonn.jpg
    lindsey vonn.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 5
So Bruce, how's climbing with a wedgie all day workin' for ya?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So Bruce, how's climbing with a wedgie all day workin' for ya?

No climbing today so I don't know.:) I did work outside though and can't really say I was impressed with the UA. It felt like there was a little bit of a chill all day long. Wearing sweatpants or long johns would have worked better. I don't see what all the hype about this stuff is about.:?

I bought a couple UA t shirts last year and tried them out in the heat of summer. They don't breathe as well as cotton IMO and I was definitely hotter. I'm working right on the edge of heat exhaustion for several months per year so I understand how my body reacts in the heat, and the UA shirts just about pushed me over the edge. They are fine if I want another layer this time of year but I won't wear them in July-Sept again.

No experience working in the cold though, sorry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like 50/50 t-shirts in the summer. They don't absorb all the sweat like cotton T's do.

Dang Brian, youse must be crazy. Cotton is pure crap, 50/50 is cool but UA/or knockoffs frigging rocks. They suck up the sweat and then it let it evaporate. I can't believe yours didn't breath - I'm thinking they were busted, orrrrrr something!

In the summer I'm soaked by 9am and stay wet until I get home. There's no such thing as dry, I only care about how hot I am. And the UA makes me hotter than wearing regular cheap t shirts. I tried them, I really wanted to like the $39 t shirts but they were worn three times each and will hang in my closet collecting dust from here on out.

Sorta like you and the CF Geckos, eh? :D

I'm with Butch on this one, but the humidity here when we have heat is just a shade of what y'all deal with down there.

I get wicking tees with a stitched logo for about $13 or $14 each, I LOVE them when its hot and/or rainy. One trick is to make sure they ARENT a tight fit. Should be loose so it gets away from your skin. But I agree with Burnham, your humidity is WAY higher than what I encounter here in the summer. Winterwise, I think we have you beat at 100% lol

I'll let you guys on a little secret that goes back about a 1000 years or more. The vikings used this underwear to keep warm and dry and is big today for the people in the know.

Mesh or fishnet underwear for a base layer. The air pockets next to the skin keeps a warm dry zone wicking away humidity and warmth is trapped when a top layer of clothing covers it. For years I wore Norwegian mesh underwear under my one piece wool underwear in cold weather. In hot weather I wear a mesh t-shirt under my regular hi vis t -shirt. I never get that clammy feeling which I get when I don't wear the mesh.
Another thing about wool underwear, merino wool is not a tough work underwear. Get the heavy duty Stanfields' grey heavy knit one piece or the lightweight white one piece. They are a Nova Scotia company but are available through Madsens' in the US. Also combined with the mesh base layer you won't get itchy with these industrial grade woolies.
To find polypro mesh long underwear you can find them from L.L. Bean, Helly Hansen
or checkout www.brynje.no and under products on their home page click on Super Thermo.

Willard.

Back