TreeStuff - APTA - Wow!

You got it right. I will try to get all that listed on the product page. Jambo has me running crazy.

When you get to it, it will be a good improvement. I guy that doesn't have time to research as much, will be able to click, click, click, done. All the right stuff, easily, and people who don't want the kit, will know which bags to get.

Got my apta yesterday. Looks good except the end of barrell was sharp as hell. Emory clothed it now its ok. The ball valve seems hard to open quick....will it get easier...

Filled it with acorns .....nice scatter gun effect. Hope my crew don't in trouble with this thing.

Find yourself a 1" thick sheet of plastic foam like they pack things like computers in and use a hole saw to cut wadding circles out. pop one of those down the barrel of the APTA and then your throwbag. Less loss of air pressure around an odd-shaped throwbag, and you get better distance/accuracy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wadding

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My first (proto-type APTA...very much different from the current version) had a very stiff ball valve. I almost could not operate it.

The latest one (approx 6 months ago) is much easier to operate...not silky smooth but very reasonable. If yours does not ease up you'll need to talk to Nick.

In post 19 of this thread you can see my video...at 6:00 and 11:00 you can see how my valve turns.

I can't say if an APTA would have performed better, but my frustration with my Big Shot there other day pushed me to purchase one. Time savings will pay for it over a half a year, maybe, especially with W-C rates going up.

Big shot for sale here.

We charge our apta from the compressor on truck. Ran a line to under the driver side. Quick charge to 120

High shots with bike pump to 160

Have to say, I was a bit skeptical at first. The new shorter design with the handle makes it sweet. I love it now. Super fun and accurate. I am hoping my hand throwing skills don't stagnate. Thanks Nick and Dave for making it a reality. Definitly gonna save some time all the way around.

Big shot for sale here.

We charge our apta from the compressor on truck. Ran a line to under the driver side. Quick charge to 120

High shots with bike pump to 160

160ft would get me 3/4 ways up, (or you talking PSI?) like it....been thinking about trying one, see if I can borrow Bix's

Find yourself a 1" thick sheet of plastic foam like they pack things like computers in and use a hole saw to cut wadding circles out. pop one of those down the barrel of the APTA and then your throwbag. Less loss of air pressure around an odd-shaped throwbag, and you get better distance/accuracy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wadding

That is a great tip! Thanks for sharing that. I do not yet own the APTA, but when I do, I'll remember this.

Tim

Nick, I think a sweet little extra would be a little holder type thing to mount a designated ram rod. Muzzle loading rifle style. My only inefficiency has been running around trying to locate a rake or a right sized stick. this work is just too easy now.

Ramrod...no problem. I keep bamboo in my truck...doesn't everybody????

PCTREE...air compressor on the truck is a dream way to do that. Glad you have that option.

Back