Tree Houser selfie thread

No I'm not sure Stig. But swainson's would be rare on the island....listed as accidental on some sites even. Cooper's are common.

Coopers are accipiters, with fairly narrow tails.
Those two are buteos, with fan shaped tails.

Nice eagle.
I haven't seen a bald eagle since forever.

Coopers are accipiters, with fairly narrow tails.
Those two are buteos, with fan shaped tails.

Nice eagle.
I haven't seen a bald eagle since forever.
Yeah I know what you're saying about the tail profile Stig. Although there's lots of pics on the net showing the same bird with its tail in fan posture. It's just that theres been but one recorded siting of a swainsons in the area. See if you can view the attachment that I've added....in case there's something similar on the list. Thanks.

Attachments

• On-line bird checklist 8.5X11-1.pdf
    408.7 KB · Views: 9
Yeah I know what you're saying about the tail profile Stig. Although there's lots of pics on the net showing the same bird with its tail in fan posture. It's just that theres been but one recorded siting of a swainsons in the area. See if you can view the attachment that I've added....in case there's something similar on the list. Thanks.

I'd think Redtail, was the most logical to go with.
The darkish upper breast was what made me think swainson, but Redtails come in a lot of different color variations.

This is an old one, 2004 if I'm to believe the date stamp. Boy, I was still kicking azz and taking names then :D.

Attachments

• B closeup.jpg
    B closeup.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 83
This is an old one, 2004 if I'm to believe the date stamp. Boy, I was still kicking azz and taking names then :D.

You look as dry as a bone there Burnham. You must have been in shape!

Heres one of sorts from yesterday, with camera pole. Im hoping to get some good shots with that thing this spring and summer. We have some beautiful scenery around here.

G0010198 - Copy.JPG

Yeah. . .I have noticed TreeStuff encourages the pirate/biker look. : /
I do have a picture though with a pirate type pet on my shoulder (although this one was not friendly and a bit scary) that I rescued from 120ft up a Pine tree ... Back in the cheap flip phone days though so the picture isn't that great.

b34b384f50c5b6d34bc513df9ca907b8.jpg

80ca762c770ef96c77d87ece92c3bcc1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I half expected to see a parrot on August's shoulder. Arrghhh, matey! Its a good one though!

Yeah, something like that look shown there I can see on AH's face when his face was in the wind on the fishing boat, feeling very bad ass, right before the anchor incident. Good pic.

You can even tell I dressed my self today. I got a suspender strap twisted.

Too bad you're married, you look like the studly farmer type who was just the star of the Bachelor tv show, I think they are recruiting more farmer types for the show…

And don't lie, you know you watch that show...;)

Ho there :D

Attachments

• IMG_20150416_114340878.jpg
    IMG_20150416_114340878.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20150416_114323315.jpg
    IMG_20150416_114323315.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20150416_111418399_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150416_111418399_HDR.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 70
Back