Tree Houser selfie thread

Allow me to make light of the situation!

2efjmky.jpg

Thanks guys. Nope, Gary. Safe and sound at home tonight. Pic was from a month or so ago.

I have a smart phone now so I could take a good selfie like SimplyArbor above(good one:)).

Trouble is I am not devilishly handsome like most tree folks. Distance is my friend!

I'm surprised there isn't a coffee cup holder on the belt.... my old army webbing had that option, well, it was for grenades, but we didn't get to carry those around so it was used for coffee cups.

Back in the Nam, at Anke, an artillery unit pulled their camp and moved on. Their ammo bunkers were left chock-full of every imaginable piece of death and destruction ever made. Cases of grenades were stacked head high. I can only say, " in the hands of idiots no one killed themselves." Like playing with fire crackers, but on a whole different level.

That's a very interesting read, Bob, thanks for mentioning it. I had a friend that served in that same capacity in the marines during the war as well, another kid that liked to shoot from a young age. Sadly, my friend's life ended in Quiang Nam province, but he is well remembered.

Back