Tree felling vids

Not split... just cut to length prior and hauled out.. About 200 feet on uneven ground. Then dumped over the edge of a 12 foot high bank, hand loaded in truck and trailer by Rob.
We delivered 1 cord of it this morning adding another 225.00 to our daily take as we were driving right by the account anyway.
Helped off set the gas for the drive out to the job site for the last two days. 40 minute drive over steep grades.

Here's a video the home owner took of me taking down two good sized pines near his house and barn. The video came out pretty good, the job turned out pretty good too. Take a look, hope you enjoy it. I appreciate any comments and or criticism..... :D :thumbup:
Thanks.
Work safe. ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AvarKT6-ooc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Somebody needed to edit out the fool in black. Sounds like a hollow, and that must be some hard ground there from the sound of the crashes.

Somebody needed to edit out the fool in black. Sounds like a hollow, and that must be some hard ground there from the sound of the crashes.

That was the home owner, it's his video. :P The ground was solid, the pine was solid and healthy also.

Cool. Why rope that top out? It looks like you had plenty of room.

Well, maybe if I had a bit more experience(confidence), but the tree was only 20 feet from his barn. And he also requested no damage to the surrounding trees. :thumbright:

Here's my point of view (all except the very last clip) on the second pine that I took down, having "technical difficulties" getting the video of the first one done. Computers don't like me too much. :|: Came down nice, too bad they're not all that "straight forward". :roll:

Topping two pines tomorrow afternoon for a repeat customer. :D

Work safe. :thumbupold:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wvJRh4bfJe0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice work Randy.

I orient my HH 180 degrees to yours, spine toward me, rope slot away.

For choking the spar, I like a steel biner sometimes. It makes a heavier throw weight for advancing the climbline higher each time, so less resetting.

Nice drop :thumbup:
I would, however, recommend an adjustable FS/FC so you leave no gear up the tree after your descent.

Thanks. :thumbup:
Retrievable? That's something I don't have any experience with, it's going on my list of "gear I need". :)

Nice work Randy.

I orient my HH 180 degrees to yours, spine toward me, rope slot away.

For choking the spar, I like a steel biner sometimes. It makes a heavier throw weight for advancing the climbline higher each time, so less resetting.

Thanks. Extra weight with a steel 'biner would help, hadn't thought of that. :|: Going on my list of "gear I need".
The truth is I usually work with the spine of my HH towards me, once I started working the tree I didn't give it a thought.....was just thinkin' about getting the tree on the ground. ;)

Randy check out the ISC Big Dan for a steel biner. Highly recommended.

If you decide you want a fancy adjustable friction saver, let me know, I can make you one!

Nick,
took a look at that ISC 'biner, I like the look of it, good design/shape. :thumbup:

I would REALLY appreciate it if you put together an adjustable friction saver for me, that would be GREAT!!! :thumbupold:
What do you recommend for a length/range? And how much to cover your time/effort/materials?

Thanks. :thumbup:
Retrievable? That's something I don't have any experience with, it's going on my list of "gear I need". :)

Nick will make one fancier.. This is what I use.. Little pieces of rope come in handy...
An oval screw link works as well as a small ring if need be. So long as it catches the knot on the pull back after it passes through the biner. Leave the ring and biner about 3-4 inches apart on the spar....

Attachments

• IMG_20130507_113634.jpg
    IMG_20130507_113634.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 47
Nick will make one fancier.. This is what I use.. Little pieces of rope come in handy...
An oval screw link works as well as a small ring if need be. So long as it catches the knot on the pull back after it passes through the biner. Leave the ring and biner about 3-4 inches apart on the spar....

Ayuh,
workin' out the details with him. Sounds like it's gonna be "super fancy"(at least the pics I've seen of his). :thumbup:
I'm really excited about getting some new, custom rigging gear.....;)

Does the 3"-4" make a difference on how easily it "releases" from the spar? :?

Randy is putting together quite a kit. I am excited to be working on it with him! He wont be sliding down any spars thats for sure.

Nick,
I have been VERY fortunate that I haven't gone sliding down any spars with some of ways I've used in the past.....:|: :lol:
Really looking forward to getting that equipment, gonna make my work a lot easier/safer!
I VERY MUCH appreciate the help and work that you're putting into this for me, THANK YOU! :big-not-worthy:

Back