Tree felling vids

Funny thing in the Tasmania video Grahem doesn't hang his saw on his saddle rather then dropping it and let it hang below him. Seems like a lot of extra effort pulling it up for each cut.
Saw a safety video opnce where a climber had his saw hang like that and when a cut piece of wood fell on it, the saw swung wildly in an arc over him. On the second rotation it hit him in the back of the head.

You should probably write Graeme and tell him that.
I'm sure he'd appreciate the advice.

Cool. I would've used a bit narrower of a notch or maybe humbolted it to get a flatter landing. That's just me though and I don't get them all to land flat every time

ground was frozen hard as a rock, there were electric service lines to the house which the piece cleared by just a few feet but aren't visible in the video.. getting the to to over rotate shortened the fall without any chance of the but kicking back into valuable property.
This was on Friday afternoon just hours before the blizzard of '16

plowed snow til wednesday morning with sawdust in my pockets

Cool, Tim.

Cool, Daniel.

Fwiw, Williard... I was trained to always have my saw dangle below foot level. We've never had a close-call associated with that. Doesn't mean it can't happen as your story obviously illustrates.... just fwiw.

I was always a dangler, I don't like the feel of a saw clipped up tight unless it's a 200 say and you need to maneuver, like in a spreading tree.

Figured you had your reasons Daniel. I wish we had frozen ground here right now.

also in taking another llok, the but hit the top of another spar on the way down which put a little english on it causing it to rotate even more... makes me wonder if you can get a piece to land at about that angle if te branch spread and flex would cushion the fall to reduce lawn damage sa much or more than landing it flat..

I think there was a short vid on here just a few weeks ago, showed a climber topping a tree with way too much tension on the top, climber and saw on lanyard got wildly thrown around up there when the top went. I was looking for it to show a friend, damned if I can find it, anyone have a link? Thanks

Doh, found it on TB.

Here it is fyi.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3U4Qeuborn0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guy almost got the saw across the stomach 0:19. Lucky Dumb*&^%, probably just got his stuff beat up some.

Anybody translate that?

Back