Tree felling vids

That's like saying you may not reach the bottom of a tuna can but you scrape the heck outta the sides!

HT. you might want to double up on those chaps. : P ...and maybe get some torso chaps… and neck chaps.
That thing would cut you in half so fast you could get right with God before you hit the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's like saying you may not reach the bottom of a tuna can but you scrape the heck outta the sides!

HT. you might want to double up on those chaps. : P ...and maybe get some torso chaps… and neck chaps.
That thing would cut you in half so fast you could get right with God before you hit the ground.

No problem I've made thousands of cuts with that saw. Backchaining to make the up cuts too haha

TY AUG. Reminds me of what Jer was talking about in the interview. How it's a shame that most new-school climbers wouldn't know how to access a tree only having a 'hank' of rope. Also, if you only could have one saw to do tree work what would you pick? ms361 - good choice.

Nice lookin country there Bix. If I could have only one saw I would probably put an 18 inch bar on a 020. My O20's get the most action, plus easy to store. Plus I could hang with the little bar crowd. . .Except, they would probably want like a 6 inch bar on that saw so I would still be a weirdo to them… And probably everyone else too. but hey! Everyone is someone else's weirdo.

I'd take my 020 also but only a 16" bar as I'm closer to the right coast. Like August said it gets the most use of all my saws

5fe713280006c5e5a0f948c1a1f164cf.jpg

My newest saw. You can't get them anywhere but the West Coast because it takes three legs to operate.

I think I would fall asleep waiting for an 020 to cut with a 16" buried in timber. I port mine to run a 14" - but then again I'm part of the small bar Mafia :lol:

My mentor, Jonothan is working and traveling in Chile with his family for several months. Subscribe to his channel and follow along. He's worked in trees for over 30 years. I am very fortunate to have learned from him. Short vid of tree work in Chile with minimal gear. One rope, one saw.

https://youtu.be/H-ceSmqDt7g

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H-ceSmqDt7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool vid Bri !

Looks like Jonathan having lots of fun there!

14 on the 200T here, but I swear my 200 rear handle is so happy with a 16 that I think Butch may well be right with his setup. Balance is my only concern, but there again, Butch has far more wrist and arm strength than I do, so he can compensate where I'd likely lose good control.

Back