Tree felling vids

Wow...I wonder how long it took to set up all those rigging points, and how he got way out to those tips to tie the ropes!
Amazing to watch.

Ayuh, enjoyed watching that for sure. :thumbup::)

I always get "a bit" envious seeing a crew like that work. From my point of view
because I work solo a lot it's amazing to see everyone working together and making
it all go so smooth and "easy". ;) :thumbup::D

Wow...I wonder how long it took to set up all those rigging points, and how he got way out to those tips to tie the ropes!
Amazing to watch.

Me, too! Everybody's videos just show making the cut and then the piece falling. I'd like to see some action of the rigging! Now with drones, it could be done to capture the full perspective.

Me, too! Everybody's videos just show making the cut and then the piece falling. I'd like to see some action of the rigging! Now with drones, it could be done to capture the full perspective.

That's exactly what I think every time I watch videos like that.
I'd love to see "pre rigging and post rigging".....mostly the "pre rigging"..... :thumbup::D;)

Good point about the "post-rigging!" Never thought of that for videos, but I do think about it when I'm up top looking down at the ground person trying to untangle the mess. Good rigging contributes to overall speed, ease and safety, even after the piece is on the ground, yes?

Good point about the "post-rigging!" Never thought of that for videos, but I do think about it when I'm up top looking down at the ground person trying to untangle the mess. Good rigging contributes to overall speed, ease and safety, even after the piece is on the ground, yes?
Rigging is just way more methodical, and easier all round on the crew...

The "high drama" short clip videos are great..... but I've always enjoyed the longer ones that show all that stuff.....not boring to me at all. Good rigging always makes the job safer and quicker. :thumbup::D

I would just be interested in who did the work...

Ben, you have been away too long mate. We have shit loads of them bloody pops around here. Tall? Yes but I reckon the GoPro adds 20 -30 foot on the height when viewed from the helmet cam.

Taking nothing away though it was a well planned job that looked like it could have been a nightmare. I wonder how long the whole job took?

Quick video of a crane pick. 70T crane, 95ft radius if I remember right.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GP_e36NCm5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm jelous. Would've been two cuts, five minutes with the chipper, and off to the next one. God I pray that my boss can someday see the value of a crane

Back