Tree felling vids

Cool vid, but No crane access? If there's access, it looks like the kind of job a crane would make you money on.

All different ways to skin a cat. But if you have alot of work on the books, a crane will get you out of there faster, easier, and more profitably, and then on to the next one. You do nice work, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you how to do it

Well lets find you one Cory. I know you have a printing press going up there in New England. Stamping out stacks of those Ben Franklins!

Well lets find you one Cory. I know you have a printing press going up there in New England. Stamping out stacks of those Ben Franklins!

It's not all its cracked up to be, the monotonous sound of the presses, 24/7, it gets old...

I think a great advantage with a crane when doing multiple trees, is that you can have overlapping tasks happening by people doing different things, especially with one cut multiple removals, it much speeds up the process. The person doing the cabling off can already be flying up to the next one as soon as a tree gets laid down and is just starting to get it's limbs removed. With people geared up to do their individual responsibilities and knowing them well, the job can move ahead most expediently. People not familiar with seeing the work done that way, can be amazed at how fast the trees go down and the logs start piling up. I like doing the cabling and then drop down to do the cutting, but it goes a bit faster if you split that up as well. Minimizing different tasks done by an individual seems to be a good way to gain efficiency, less dead time walking from here to there. A good thing that a crew experienced working together brings.

Yeah.. I wish there had been a camera handy... Set the line from the roof after prepping the leader from the roof... Lots of little crap in the way... Then swing over to tree, set TIP further up and rigging... in two different tops.... Swung out and tip tied 3 tops... lowered them to Rob.. Move down and remove the leader to the eave of the house. Back up.. .. drop down, swing out board over side walk to dead wood another oak... Then kick out and swing over to the next one over... Swing back to original tree (largest) to remove the rest of the leader next to the roof... FUNFUN:)

Is that your climb line that you are lowering bits with? Be careful as you go mate.

Hope you heal quick from Surgery

Nope, that's not my climb line I'm using for rigging.
Well, the truth is, it's my "retired" climb line that I now use for "light duty" rigging.
And yes, I do understand the danger of using a rig line that looks the same as my
climb line. I 'spose I could use my 9/16" Esterlon rig line, but it is a WHOLE lot more
rope to be dragging through the tree..... :(

Ayuh, Thanks! My body is actually healing very quickly. I'll be cutting(first time in 5 weeks)
all day tomorrow, mostly "easy" stuff..... :D

Nope, that's not my climb line I'm using for rigging.
Well, the truth is, it's my "retired" climb line that I now use for "light duty" rigging.
And yes, I do understand the danger of using a rig line that looks the same as my
climb line. I 'spose I could use my 9/16" Esterlon rig line, but it is a WHOLE lot more
rope to be dragging through the tree..... :(

Ayuh, Thanks! My body is actually healing very quickly. I'll be cutting(first time in 5 weeks)
all day tomorrow, mostly "easy" stuff..... :D

Thats fine mate. I wasn't picking, the majority of guys on here know the score just didn't want some less experienced lads trying it without realising the potential.

Good to hear your back cutting.

I love to see people use natural crotching to lower limbs. Good old school knowledge. For most trims and small removals it's way faster that setting up all the rigging to accomplish the same result.

Back