tree climbing fail

Just put the cursor on the play/pause and keep clicking. Not really slomo I guess, just like a frame at a time

Click on the little gear icon in the lower right corner and one of the dropdown menus should say "Normal". Click that and it gives you options for .5x and .25x speed. Faster ones too.

I think I'd be going to one of those Hong Kong natural herb medicine shops, asking to get something for my nerves.

Nothing funny about that. Groundies shouldn't be under a climber, and if they are then they'd better be looking UP.

I don't use a lanyard.

I wonder sometimes about groundies listening to music when working. Not common here, but i guess in other places it is.

We recently had a guy here who was struck by a train while walking down the tracks. He was wearing earphones, jamming on, didn't hear a thing.

The version of it I saw had subtitles, with the boss on the ground shouting up to the climber to just cut it and hold on...

Rumination, do you understand Cantonese? it would interesting to find out exactly what happened. To my eyes it was obviously too big or heaving for the rigging gear but it looked as though they were using a crab to lower off which wouldn't have allowed the top to run and that may have been the cause to ping the rigging at the strop.

We can all see what happened after that.

...I only have one friend that speaks Cantonese... maybe I could get him to view it, I swear he knows the secret codewords at the Chinese resteraunt ... gets better food doesn't get Cat

Me too, my old flatmate was a BBC (British Born Chinese) He moved back to HK 2 years ago. I face booked him asking for details.

And, yes, we always got awesome dim sum when he ordered.. ;)

He's darned lucky that that stem didn't rip out of the ground on him. Good guy or not... what in the world!!? :?

I would take that top on a rope but only with one guy that used to run the ropes for me. He had the knack for it. Only way I would have considered it was under the game plan of letting that thing howl and putting the brakes on as the tips hit the ground. Almost like you aren't really lowering it but simply keeping it in place when it touched down. Id rig that top off of a neighboring tree without thinking twice if the right man was on the ropes.

i got whipped around like that, took a top, no rigging just a large top and drop, left too much of a hinge, as it fell over the pine held on too hinge and took me and stalk with it for about 8ft. When tree snapped off I always wonder what I may of looked like now I know. That tree snapped me back and forth. We call it noodling I sprained my wrist and cracked a rib . never do that again with a pine. Very flexible
Very unforgiving of said it better my self

The only new info I can add is that he was contract climbing for a landscape company, the rigging equipment was of inadequate strength (obviously), and the top was caught by a carabiner, not a pulley or block.

Back