Tired Husky 365

Meteor has piston/cylinder kits available now. If they are anywhere near as good as their pistons then they would be my choice. The "375" you refer to is actually the p/c for a 372XPW. Pull the muffler and see what you got. You will know right away if it is toasted or just worn.

The meteor cylinder itself is Taiwan or China made then plated elsewhere. Per Gregg at Baileys.

The 375 before the days of 372xpW was the 375K cyl put on chainsaws ;). This one was woods ported by Dan Henry PP375.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZWjZ1yDgMVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is another brand aftermarket piston that is made in some odd place like Greece or somewhere. The one I purchased was beautifully made, better than what came stock on the 036. I have to check the box at the shop for the name, unless somebody knows.

The 75cc cylinder you can get any were, from dealer too.
They work just fine.

Just make sure you do it right if you do it, change all lines, seals, membranes,gaskets and intake boot while you do it so it gets a fair chance to last.

My biggest compliant with after market pistons are the circlips .Other than that they seem to do okay or at least none that I know of have ever failed as yet of the few I've done .

On this subject it surprises me that nobody has made an after market kit for an 020-200T .I would think by now there would be some interest with the possible exception being the people who use them the most don't want to fool with them .

I saw an after market piston kit for the 200T, but not the whole kit with cylinder (which could interest me the most).

If the piston and cylinder aren't completely shot a set of after market rings are only about 10 bucks .After market seals are inexpensive also .For about 20 bucks you can do a quicky on it and probabley get some more life out of it .

Back