Time for a website

Bumping this.

Ive been playing around on that wix site, trying to figure out what i like. Its easy to use, easy to modify for anyone looking.

I also contacted a local web designer, just waiting for a response. Im wondering, if any of you guys used a pro, how much did you pay and what did you get? Just on the fence here.

Brendon, there are a million pro website designers out there, but design is a real subjective thing. Web design for the purpose that you have in mind, takes a lot of understanding marketing via the net, and other nuances, especially for your niche of work if you hire one. I don't think it is an easy decision which pro to hire if you go that route. A lot of savy is required for a good site, beyond just the skills to put stuff up there on the screen. If you are wanting a site, might as well try and have a very effective one. Be real choosy when seeking a pro. Look for a diamond in the rough.

Ya i hear ya. Im leaning towards someone, as they know spa out seo. I want to dial in my work area this year, and i think i can kick butt with my current upgraded kit.

I got quotes of $1000 for the first page and $500 for each additional thereafter. In the end, I threw this together with an employee. It loads super slow because the pics are too big and Godaddy is just another money hungry company. I asked a co near me to do an upgrade and the quote was $1500 to change to their software and hosting for a yr. I forget there monthly charge. Do your homework. abctreecapecod.com

I just spent the last year working on my website, but more importantly, getting the results on google search in my area. That was the big job. That said, after a lot of time teaching myself about SEO, meta tags, keywords, etc, I am ranked on the top of the 1st page in most relative search terms. It seemed to help getting the godaddy SEO . It cost 3.99 per month and seems to have helped get me the rankings i wanted. I know SEO pros that charge up to $300 a month for ongoing support. If ya don't have time and motivation to do it yourself your sort of stuck paying someone to do it. But it's all laid out pretty well on godaddy. That is who i got to host my domain and built my site so it made sense to use their SEO. I think in our business its more about a potential client finding you over others than it really is about site appearance and content. Clients want to find guys that know what they are doing, can give them an honest quote, and get the job done when they need it done. So for my money and time, getting on google search results was key! www.thetreewhisperer.ca if ya google, tree removal saskatoon, or tree services saskatoon, my site will be top 3 after the paid advertisements, i could ask for more, especially for the price.

Back