This Old House

Nice, Dave, the place is really shaping up. I like the cabinet color contrast with the wall paint. Big window for a bathroom.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks guys.

Jay, I doubled the size of the window 'cause I like natural light. I've always liked green/brown color combinations. Sent my Sis to the store to pic out colors for the walls, then I took her samples with me to pick out the flooring.

Decided to tear down the eyesore in the back and let some light into the room. Only about 8 nails holing the whole thing to the house...pulled it down with the mini, nothin' to it.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 12
Plenty more to go Butch! but it's nice to make progress.

As an aging human Jay, I try to be careful with everything...:)

The latest...I took such a long vacation from here almost forgot about this thread :|:

Still getting lots of sand and not much water this morning so pulled the thing up to start over. Only part of the mangled lower sections came up and they were packed full of sand.

Drove new point and pipe down at near old depth. Hooked up pitcher pump, primed it up and low and behold pumped about 30 gallons (which kept getting cleaner as things progressed) until the plunger in the pump came unscrewed. Seem to still have a supply of water there, so the problem could have well been the pipe was not intact and old point (still in ground) was plugged.

Won't get my jet pump back from being checked until tomorrow at the earliest then I'll give her a good testing. I'm tentatively happy for now.

Once into the big city to pick up pump and three trips to the local hardware later....I have Water! 8):D Flowing fine and clean as it gets.

yep, bath was first on the list Butch. then did about three loads of laundry, dishes, and filled emergency water jugs all back up. I've got good water flow back. Just need to make an adjustment to the bladder tank...pump goes off & on to often, but other than that it's working great.

Only been 2 years and I've forgotten what this is called:|:

mine is leaking and I need to replace it but can't for the life of me remember the correct name of the thing (flying saucer).

Attachments

• 150318_002.jpg
    150318_002.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 39
tried a search on that and many other things. Can't find anything that looks close. Suppose I'll go check the old hardware in town...If he hasn't got one he probably knows where to find it...whatever it is.

Back