The Truck Thread

here is my new truck i just got 2 days ago. and I got it running yesterday but it's still got a lot of work that has been done to it.i took and traded my services on climbing an ash and then got it down to where i can take it out with out damaging anything.oh i forgot it's a 2.5 EFI 4 bangger with 4 speed trans
ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

Attachments

• S10 pickup truck (Mine) 002.jpg
    S10 pickup truck (Mine) 002.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 99
  • S10 pickup truck (Mine) 003.jpg
    S10 pickup truck (Mine) 003.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 99
  • S10 pickup truck (Mine) 004.jpg
    S10 pickup truck (Mine) 004.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 99
  • S10 pickup truck (Mine) 001.jpg
    S10 pickup truck (Mine) 001.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 100
It was a nice color!

I had an S10 once. It taught me to never buy a model the first year it comes out, at least when it comes to a Chevy. All kinds of problems.....

it's running now but got a few bugs in the fuel sytem but they slowly coming out. i got to get a map sensor and a oil pan gasket and some other parts and it should run like a top.

It seems like most Chevys are great but a few are real crap. Probably the case with any brand. My ex and I had a brand new 74 3/4 ton, 350, 350 TH. Chevy made millions just like it. Should have had it down to a science. The snubber on the lower control arm fell off at about 10k. The flywheel ring gear spit a tooth at 18k. Off warranty. Never ran right on slow acceleration. I fiddled but lacked the knowledge then. If you punched it it ran great. Turns out the had pretty lean jets in it to meet EPA standards. Then at 48k it wore off a lobe on the cam. It had good maintainence, they just made a bunch of soft cams.

Kinda soured me on Chevys with such a stretch of problems. My son has had a couple pretty much the same truck and had good luck, mostly. He did have an oil pump failure on his 02 Silverado. He was on an expressway and figured it was probably sensor failure. The lube system on a small block Chevy is pretty bulletproof. When it started to clatter he realized it was not a sensor. It was still under warranty and they took care of it.

Chevy had a bunch of soft cams during the mid 70's . On the other hand the small block 350's had blocks that were hard as a rock . It's not uncommon to get 200 thousand miles on the engine before a rebuild if you change the oil on a regular bassis .

It used to be relatively cheap to rebuild a 350 .Rering kit was under 100 bucks .For less than 500 you could do the whole thing .Cam ,mains ,rods ,rings and new lifters . It's been some time since I worked on one and can well imagine the cost has escalated quite a bit over the years .

Speaking of trucks, Squish, how are the horses? Is your daughter getting to be a good rider?

The horses are good and my daughter is getting better all the time. Lessons and time, she spends alot of time on her horse, often alone just in one of the pastures. Sometimes I feel a little sorry for her horse but he's incredibly patient with her. Walk, now trot, now walk again. Over here, no over there, now back over here again. I'm sure he's just thinking c'mon kid when are you getting off!

well fellers i got a problem with my S10.i replaced the fuel injector, pressure regalator,fuel filter and the map sensor on it.and the problem i got with it is when i try to rev the engine it goes down on it's face everytime. and i'm try to rack my brian to figure out what is going on with it. but i'm going to replace the fuel pump today and see if thats the problem with it.but i been told by a couple of people that its a sensor in side the engine thats dirty and needs cleaning.but i never heard such a thing before.but i'll try the fuel pump and see if thats the case and if it is then i'll be good to go with it.but my gut is telling me that its the fuel pump thats the problem with the truck but i'll will find out in the am afther i get back from auto zone and put it in.

The horses are good and my daughter is getting better all the time. Lessons and time, she spends alot of time on her horse, often alone just in one of the pastures. Sometimes I feel a little sorry for her horse but he's incredibly patient with her. Walk, now trot, now walk again. Over here, no over there, now back over here again. I'm sure he's just thinking c'mon kid when are you getting off!

Now she needs some cows to herd around.

well gentlemen and ladies i got my S10 runing today and bought a new fuel pumpand then came home and took the bed off my truck to get to the fuel tank. and then took the lines loose and everything to install the new fuel pump. And now it's running like champ but i still have the oil pan to put a new gasket on and change the oil and plugs.and then it should be good to be drove again.but i'll make sure the fuilds in the trans and everything is good to go and then i might get the stuff to doa paint job.but i haven't made up my mind yet on the paint job.

thats looks nice Guido i always like old fire trucks.i might go today and see what kind of paint i like and then get the sander and stuff ready to get ready to paint it this coming week if i don't get any tree jobs.

Nahhhhh I have kids for that.....
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kvXKlMby5O4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But dumping chips and fire wood would be faster :D

In a few years when he's playing football for Mariposa High, he can tell the reporter from the paper "I owe it all to my daddy not having a dump truck. Yep that's where these muscles came from".

Back