The RIP Thread...

That is interesting, Jim. I did not see that thread but I have had two first cousins kill themselves over the years. Both by gunshot to the heart which as I understand it is unusual.

For men ,yes.

Both were male. One was 17 yrs old and I was probably 23 yrs...he had been "challenged" since birth I think...probably schizophrenic...an incredibly talented artist but very "different" from most young folks.

The other one was my cousin that was my age...we grew up together. He fought his demons of alcohol and a serious hand injury, basically cut it off, re-attached but never worked right. He was probably about 40 when he suicided.

I was looking for that thread the other day and couldn't find it, thought it must have got lost.

Just after I left the opal mine my best mate there stole a rifle from one of the other guys but left case so no one would notice, drove about 450 miles (about 30 short of where he was going) and shot himself.

Lucky for his ex wife, kids & the boyfriend that he did really. Nice bloke but couldn't get over that breakup and it was years before that.

A fellow classmate (14 yrs old) in 8th grade shot herself with one of her father's guns at home while her family was out. She was dealing with demons at an early age.
An uncle (66 yrs old0) shot himself after retiring from auto industry - depression.
A former neighbor (58 yrs old) who dealt with being bipolar all his life came back from Colorado where he'd been having financial difficulties; visited his elderly parents and siblings and then hung himself in the little wood out back of our childhood homes.

Well, we still haven't determined if you are actually human, so let us start with that.

When a post like this comes up, and I simply don't know who the person is, it always makes me feel bad, because I try to keep up with things American.
Then I usually realize, that I wouldn't have known, had he been Danish.

I did Google it.
That is when I realized I wouldn't have known him if he was Danish.

Something tells me a lot of ya'll have missed out on a LOT of interesting movies.

That tiny fool drank himself to death.

I've never owned a television, grew up without one, in fact and living in the country, rarely went to the cinema.

So I have, what I suppose, some would call a cultural gap.

Just to shock you, I have never seen Star wars either.

Back