The Official Work Pictures Thread

Haven't put any pics up for a while...elm tree deadwooding in our town. Had to be done by 2 as the newly refurbished Boer War era canon was being rededicated at the memorial.

Attachments

• DSC02009.JPG
    DSC02009.JPG
    499.3 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC02010.JPG
    DSC02010.JPG
    472.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC02012.JPG
    DSC02012.JPG
    567.4 KB · Views: 52
Well done Fiona... really beautiful pics.

Man, HUGE limbs on that pine, Ray.

Stig: You guys are gladiators. Those pictures just rocked. Put up a link to the Facebook page when you guys get er up an runnin. Sorry about the nasty knock... rough fallin, man.

Have to Gary, working for the council, traffic management plans and all! Not to mention Asian tourists in rental cars or decamping by the busload to wander about...mix that in with residents and farm traffic...
Thanks Jed.

You got lucky Stig! Glad you only have a bruise and a headache

Here's a shot from last month, the light was just hitting the trees outside the house at sundown. The elms were covered in seeds then, the ones across the strees were turning brown by then.

Attachments

• DSC01962.JPG
    DSC01962.JPG
    509.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC01963.JPG
    DSC01963.JPG
    421.6 KB · Views: 50
For the question mark, I got it with the "degree" symbol too, that's why I put the " * " instead. It isn't the computer's fault. It's from the forum software, because it changes between the typing (this is Ok in the window) and the final display on the forum's page. If you want to edit it, all you get back is the "?". The right info is lost. Correct it, ok on the window, but same thing happens again.

For me, I guess that comes from a change of the text police in the library of the forum's software (during an update), the root part holding the forum. Maybe even Butch can't have access to that.

Nice to see such fine Elm trees, Fi.
Ours have almost all been gone for the last 15 years.

Guess we'll just have to learn to live with it, Marc, irritating as it is.

The light play here in Tasmania is fabulous...the air is so clear. Every day, a different time, season, weather...you get to see something new even in the same places.
Yes, these big elms are a treasure, and now I get to help take care of them :)

75' Pine removal over a deck and house today. Had to handle almost all the brush onto the deck. Still practicing my hinges, i'll blame this one on an over eager non tree guy on the pull line...
4ad09302c9285d1ed34699984ed4b0e4.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Ya. Bet it went right to the lay.

Tree man or not, teamwork involves him not to jump the gun. Wait for the call to pull!

Team mates making independent decisions can break people or things.

If I ask some to pick up a hammer because we are going to nail something, I expect they Won't start banging things because a hammer is in their hands.

If someone starts pulling before the tree is cut up, especially without a back cut, I think to be a smart ass and just let them pull and pull and pull against the tree... See which gets tired first, the guy or tree.

Instead, I tell them I will specifically communicate to them what needs to be done, what to expect to happen, and if they have a clear exit route in case of wood shrapnel or things that might get launched off the ground.

I've been doing tree work for 5 years now Sean. I'm currently part timing with a mostly landscaping Co, hence the semi trained help. Pretty subpar work environment, but its flexible.

Hinge looked great to me, fwiw.

Winter in Vacationland can be tough!

:thumbup:

I've almost been blinded (yay forestry screen!!!) And killed (dumb luck) by sub par ground workers. Just watch your butt extra around sub par workers, is all I'm saying. As the most experienced guy on the scene, your probably most likely to be able to prevent an accident.

I almost killed a young woman when understaffed (by organizational design) and felling trees in a closed campground. I was in too tall of brush to see the lay-out, my supervisor was spotting. She came running through the closed campground fast, as I was banging over a back leaner. She slowed as she saw the look on my supervisor's face. He was afraid to say anything in case she stopped to see what was what (probably running with head phones). She kept running. Tree hit behind her.

I've also stopped a guy from pushing stuff into a BC1000 with his foot.

Rob had to clothes line a customer the other day. He started to walk up the LZ as I was banging wedges on a mostly cut back cut. Rob was pulling with the mini. No way I could have seen him, I was in brush, down a hill and behind rocks. Would have been a dunner. Rob did not say two words to the guy. Just stopped him dead.

Back