The Official Work Pictures Thread

Wow, that's heavy stuff.
Try to do some charity work a day a week and have a bunch from church that comes out in droves to help. One of the folks took some pics last week.

Nice Big Ray! helping those in need :thumbup:

I try to do charity a few times thru the season

Nice pic Rajan.

Ray, charity 1x/ week?? I guess you don't have to worry about where you'll be spending eternity!8)

HA! Rajan... !!!

Ohio Rich: That hinge looks like it took one hard pull Brother.

U.K. Rich: Keep em comin from Scandinavia. God's country, even if Stig lives there.

Stig: Best pics I've seen in some time. August: Stig's the one with the helmet on, and yeah... he could kick my ass. Btw... That was a NASTY ash brother. Oregon Ash?? Just nasty. I might nota fell that either.

Mick: Clean cuts!! I'm not going to have any self-esteem left.

Ray: Looks like a good time, but watch out for the Church-folk. They like to walk right under ya. Took down a dead Maple for my church years ago, and it was just total chaos.

Here's some stormwork pics from yesterday and today. If you want to know what we were doing in the old-lady's house... moving her China. Man, she was ticked... asbestos all over everything. People are always so depressed when the power's out.

unnamed-622.jpg unnamed-621.jpg unnamed-619.jpg

I always think that White Pine smells a bit like Licorice, or Anise rather.

unnamed-620.jpg

unnamed-623.jpg
This Fir was 140'x 21" Wind-checked like a sonofagun.
Some other hung-up Firs...

unnamed-613.jpg unnamed-618.jpg unnamed-617.jpg unnamed-616.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-614.jpg
    unnamed-614.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 55
Jed, maybe you guys got hit harder.
Where are those trees?

So far, mostly just Bellevue and Redmond. Just super weird little isolated micro-burst winds reaking havok here and there... not like the whole place flattened out or anything. I took some pics of a 45' Leyaland Cypress that (just barely reached) and completely wiped out the power lines. Those things (the lines) are pretty stinkin strong. We couldn't believe it.

Some awesome pictures tonight... thanks for putting them up guys. Nice to see other work besides what we have been doing.. Yup.. more dead pines :P
Needed to see what ya'll be up to to take my mind off it.

So far, mostly just Bellevue and Redmond. Just super weird little isolated micro-burst winds reaking havok here and there... not like the whole place flattened out or anything. I took some pics of a 45' Leyaland Cypress that (just barely reached) and completely wiped out the power lines. Those things (the lines) are pretty stinkin strong. We couldn't believe it.
Wild pics Jed and must've been some wild weather too! Does white pine have a tap root? It looks like the stump/root ball flopped right back in place.
I don't have to tell you but there's tremendous stored energy in a line that's bowed down to the ground like that, kind of like a cocked crossbow. Making that last cut to free it up can be real tricky. Some of those chunks can fly amazing distances.

Heh Jed is that St Patrick? I thought he wasn't with yah anymore?

No, that's Andy (smaller) and Edwin the Great. Was funny... I saw St. Pat like 10 days after he got fired. I slowed down in the middle of a res. road to see what another big tree outfit was up to... who should come running over but St Patty... I threw the airbrake on right there in the middle of the road and we shook hands. Was good to see him again. He was right back on the same crew he got fired off before getting fired off of us, but upgraded to beginner climber this time. That's just treework in this area.

Ray: "Some of those chunks can fly amazing distances." :lol: Yeah, I'll bet. That one was someones else's headache, thank God. I just snapped the pic and got back in the truck.

Stephen: Yeah but I want to see those pines.

Routine sort of thing, fallen red oak to tidy up and burn.
Before and after.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 60
Nice little Kubolta Mick
I almost bought one with a acreage deal I was involved with a few years back.
How are the tires for getting flats doing tree work?

Funny you should mention that, got a flat today, turned out to be the valve.
I run it on turf tyres which save the clients lawns a lot.
On a job like this I scope out some routes to the fire for small hidden stumps which will puncture them in an instant.
So far after 2 or so years no real issues tyre wise.

Funny you should mention that, got a flat today, turned out to be the valve.
I run it on turf tyres which save the clients lawns a lot.
On a job like this I scope out some routes to the fire for small hidden stumps which will puncture them in an instant.
So far after 2 or so years no real issues tyre wise.

I've got a whopping 170hrs on my bota now. Man I love my tractor!

Are the valve stems exposed, Mick? On the Parks' skidder I ran, there was a shield of threaded pipe cap, on a piece of pipe, welded on the rim. Probably easy to add.

My kubota just turned 2000 hr, its a 2004, hella machine.

Some nasty work there Jed. I find storm work the most demanding, dangerous & also rewarding treework

Not I Sir. A little too demanding for my cup of tea. I like the straight-forward stuff that's not all broken up and messed up like this Cottonwood. 120'x38.5". A bit too close to the house for my taste, but what can you do?

Pete: Man, how long did that take you? That job looked absolutely beautiful.

unnamed-625.jpg unnamed-624.jpg unnamed-627.jpg unnamed-628.jpg unnamed-626.jpg

Back