The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yes it is in western Canada anyways. The thorn seem like a defence for the tree and once hacked on they can grow large and plentiful. I've worked virgin ones that have barely a thorn on them and I've worked some of Micks coppiced ones where you have to be extra vigilant to not get punched full of holes.

I've tossed more black locust/acacia into the burn pile or dump than I care to think about now that I know it's a top burner.

Excellent turning wood as well.
Easy to fume with ammonia.

I've made hundreds of salad bowls from it.

I had a custy melt a brand new log holder in his wood burner burning BL. I warned him it would be hot and to mix it up a bit with other wood.

Back up there a bit with the splint on. At the doc's today... I've got to wear that stupid thing for at leas two more weeks.

unnamed-548.jpg unnamed-547.jpg unnamed-546.jpg

Solo a Very small dead redwood removal today...mabey 45ft with bird perched at top..lol..such a change of pace from doing 100+ footers

Typical fat trunk mabey 25" at base

Neighbor came from across street to tell me how awesome i was lol...I said thanks but its a small tree....he wants me to trim up his eastern red oak in a couple weeks

Nothing special just a few L:lol:L pics...

reeNkjph.jpg

mrfN4bfh.jpg

clean up took the longest like always, but made it look nice

2SmJTAPh.jpg

Jed, why rush it, you have most of your life to cut trees.

That's a sensible approach Cory. Truth is... we just don't have any guys right now. I've got an amazing boss, and when I broke my hand he said, "O.k, well... it's training time for you, Jed.".... Long story short... they fired St. Patric, who was coming along really well, and Andy don't want to go up very high... so now what do we do.

The boss is legally obliged to pay me L and I to ride the couch the whole time, but he doesn't want to, and, to be honest... I'll get insanely depressed.

Too bad on St. Patric. To bad for the other climber. Just don't overdo during your recovery if at all possible.

Don't you work for a big company? Can't they get a fill-in? What if you had a broken leg? What would they do? They would figure something out to keep working.

So long as you're not damaging yourself, in the longer term...

Gotta love those easy ones BOTS. Looks like your chain needs a touch up. Stump looks to be smiling a bit.
Jed you're the man. Not sure if I could climb with a broken hand. I'm tough and stubborn but damn you got me. I pretty sure I know what company you work for and I'm impressed. I see a lot of shiney trucks but never any work around here. Heal up a bit more so ya don't really mess something up. Would suck to have to work one handed for the rest of your career.

Gotta love those easy ones BOTS. Looks like your chain needs a touch up. Stump looks to be smiling a bit.
Jed you're the man. Not sure if I could climb with a broken hand. I'm tough and stubborn but damn you got me. I pretty sure I know what company you work for and I'm impressed. I see a lot of shiney trucks but never any work around here. Heal up a bit more so ya don't really mess something up. Would suck to have to work one handed for the rest of your career.

yep, cutting stump low, bar hit dirt for a bit..lol

I hear you guys, and thanks Rich, even if you're dead wrong. I'ts actually just the ring finger. The doc seemed to think that the new x-rays looked "pretty normal," so I feel like I'm beeing fairly responsible. He seems like a good man. All I could do is re-break the finger which would buy me a surgery. As long as I'm not jackass enough to take off the splint prematurely... I just really don't see it.

Justin: Good sense... thanks.

Sean: No they can't get a fill-in. We can't find ANYONE, man. You're not the only one who can't get good help.

Jed if it is basically 'all good' then cool. We all I think are just saying there is no reason to 'push it' . If you aren't pushing it then you are doing the right thing. Health is wealth.

Good picts, Jed...and a signature hinge, too.:D

BOTS....how's it feel to be awesome???:lol: Cool the guy came to give you some work. Clean up did look good.

Are you getting much grief from the homeowners?

Not much. They've had two years notice on this one. A few are whining about their firewood. Our contract states 6'-8' length. Also we don't have a minimum diameter and with 18" and 21" chippers we can't leave 6" diameter wood. It's just not practical. We cut the bottom off up to the first limb and chip the rest.

Also we don't have a minimum diameter and with 18" and 21" chippers we can't leave 6" diameter wood. It's just not practical. We cut the bottom off up to the first limb and chip the rest.

AAArrrrgggghhh, that is some wood eating. How is the new 21''er? Does it eat 21" stuff no problemo? I've seen a Bandit 1990 chip 20 inch sugar maple, basically with ease. Absolutely would not have believed it without seeing it.

Back