The Official Work Pictures Thread

tall hard leaning cedar today between 2, two stories homes in Grass Valley

Used that Ponderosa next to it for a SRT TIP, used all 200ft of rope (hundred up hundred down)

That leaning Top was so loaded when I took it I had to Bear hug it for dear life... fun ride though ;)

chunky monkey all the way to bottom (snap cuts)

VEEB2H6l.jpg

kinda see the lean here...

GsrYip8l.jpg

32rumFMl.jpg

chunky monkey

cEV671pl.jpg

image.jpg
Work pic of the day. We're making money but the boss sure ain't. 100% chance of rain all day. He says just wait it out. I'm up to chapter ten in the fundamentals of general tree work. Think I'll take a nap

746f9bb7d1e1815ff0254479a1f7969b.jpg

Just finished up TRAQ, now to sit back and wait for the results. Nelda Matheny was co-instructor, pretty cool to have a few days with her.

We have had some rain lately too. I made a decision to purchase good rain gear for all of us back in the spring and it has really paid off. It doesn't mean we are going to work a whole day in a heavy downpour, but there is a lot of work that we have been able to do because of the gear. I thought I would still be miserable in the rain with the gear, but that hasn't been the case at all. Staying dry makes such a big difference.

We have talked about rain gear. He tried the cheap route with those stupid yellow banana suits. I'm ok with rain to a point. No downpours. I always have a change of clothes in the truck and at the shop. One of the other crews was out till three. I'm betting they all fell asleep in the truck.
I'm glad I bought the book Cory. It's been a good refresher, picked up a few tidbits, and I can now explain things to the newer guys better. The one thing I picked up was flipping a bight of rope around something instead of just the tail. It works so much better.

That's a good trick, I think I missed that in FGTW, what page is it on?

I'll always remember learning all about cutting lean into a tree or spar from FGTW.

We have had some rain lately too. I made a decision to purchase good rain gear for all of us back in the spring and it has really paid off. It doesn't mean we are going to work a whole day in a heavy downpour, but there is a lot of work that we have been able to do because of the gear. I thought I would still be miserable in the rain with the gear, but that hasn't been the case at all. Staying dry makes such a big difference.

Easy to make everyone look uniform, like a crew and a team, wearing matching, OSHA or whatever compliant reflective gear. Getting run down by cars is over-rated. My old neighbor got hit twice on the job, collecting garbage. Second time put him way down, metal in the hip, trauma in the brain.

Keeps your chaps from soaking up 5 pounds of water, too.

Rich: Dutch Harbor makes the best price-point rain gear. You can order it super cheap from Cabella's and it actually lasts pretty well. Carhart's is just insane expensive, but lasts pretty well. Healey Hansons are great too, but again....$$. Never get anything that markets itself as "breathable", read: "soak-able". Arborwears' breathable ranger is completely useless. You'll be soaked to the bone in like 4 hours.

Back