The Official Work Pictures Thread

I feed the English house sparrows here so the Coopers hawk has some thing to eat also. :D

Keeps the hunting pressure off the finch's, nuthatches, chickadees, and cardinals.

Booooooo! :P

I am not really sure what are native here, but I keep my bird book next to my chair so I can look them up. I have sort of a photographic memory.

The book must be a couple hundred pages long. We get a lot of birds that pass through during summer. Like tourists, smart enough to leave!

Just me and the English sparrows in the winter. Only things tough enough to survive out here!

'Enormously tough', has a certain ring to it, I'll have to remember that:lol:

That's kinda scary when a MT winter is milder than a New England one.

The English house sparrow isn't doing too well here.
It is being pushed out by the Eurasian House sparrow Passer montanus and has become quite rare, lately.

image.jpg

Second biggest piece off of a willow removal today. I already had the biggest piece in the truck when I thought to snap a pic. Let me tell you that willow sucks to clean up in the snow.

How does that play out, Paul? Do you leave the raking to the homeowner, or return when dry (who wants to work in slush, anyway?)?

Grinding today, 50 odd stumps from a large hedge we cut down and burnt this week.
Was the new guys first day at the controls, very quick on the uptake, by the end he was as able as me on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 76
As you know I had the 1625 before, nothing but good things to say about them.
As an aside, €900 on the job, finished at 2pm, I've said it before and I'll say it again, grinding is a great money maker.

Back