The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

New to this group but have spent quite a bit of time over on AS as the Official Badger. Have about 150 chain saws, 10 tractors, a bunch of trucks including a fleet of old Studebakers and tons of other stuff. Been collecting most of my life but still waiting for those picker guys to come see me.

150 chainsaws gets you through the door, as long as they aren't all Echos. :lol:

Welcome!

I think this 602VL is the only Echo I have other than the carcass of some sort of top handle saw. Sorry about the homely Homie in the picture.

Echobowsaw001.jpg

Aloha 'Housers"! I recognize some names and faces from treebuzz. Just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself. I am a climber with 4 years experience from hawaii. I currently work and live in Bend, Oregon. I have recently started contracting on occasion and hopefully will have my own small, high quality tree care company in the next few years. I am a certified arborist and have a degree in forestry. Planning on entering some comps in the near future. Seems like a great site here, with lots of experience and knowledge to be gained and shared... ALOHAS!! Ian Smith

I have worked on Oahu, where I grew up. Just for one company and the rest as side work for firends/family. My climbing has been mostly in Oregon.
Thanks Sean! Bend is good, been slammed and still booked out about 3-4 weeks, but coming up on winter slowdown. After that, hoping to explore more of the PNW and climb for other companies. Would be fun to work with some nice companies, as Bend is pretty bare-bones in terms of tree care/companies.

Let me know when you're gonna head the road.

I'm still working both jobs (State Parks and my business), with a bun in the oven. My groundman is heading out at the end of the month for a lonnng bike trip, and may not be coming back. I might have a groundie in the works, but could also use some climbing support.

Right on Sean, will do, that sounds great!!

Thanks for the welcome Jerry! Just making my own path while trying to learn and follow in the footsteps of legends ;)

Aloha TreeHousers!

Just want to thank all of you for all I have learned here, and hope I may contribute to the conversation in the future. Been lurking for some time and ready to make some new tree friends and participate.

- Steve

I found the treehouse first by just lurking tree forums, and I check out most of em frequently. Treesandsurf (JP) is a good friend of mine and we have chatted alot about the threads on here over the past few years. This is the only forum I have wanted to actively post in because it's guys like yourselves who could likely answer the questions I seek to answer. This seems to be the spot with the most experience and intelligence, combined with the least amount of flaming. I'm at a point in my career where my personal bravado is being overtaken by humbleness and I find like minds on this forum.

I've learned tons here, and again a big thank you Butch and everyone for this free and continuing education.

Hey Steve. Welcome. Share some pictures is you like. There's the "Official Work Pictures Thread", which you'll likely lurked. Don't be shy about popping in on "How'd It Go Today".

Back