The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Thanks to all for the nice welcome. Butch did you do my avatar? It is really cool, and I wouldn't have tried since all those other sites only let the pic be big enough to see with a magnifying glass!
Thanks, I like it.

Absolutely ... Even some people on Dial-Up in the hills ....(thats me)

I feel de pain, my dail-up is nicknamed 'Drip feed', and if the weather is windy it gets even slower...broadband is a big jump in $$, so I think I'll be a slow poke for a while yet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Butch did you do my avatar? It is really cool, and I wouldn't have tried since all those other sites only let the pic be big enough to see with a magnifying glass! Thanks, I like it.

No problemo at all, Eddie. If you have something you want me to fix you up with, just post the pic.

Welcome one and all!!!! Don't be hesitant to jump in guys.... we play nice.:D

Old school, Old Guy

Hey All!
Just wanted to say hello, I usda play in the trees on the Oregon Coast, (Had a tree service) I miss it immensely. It is great to "hear" you guys. It brings back many fond memories!
Heck, who knows, I may just start climbing again, If for nothin' else than to take in the view! :)

Thanks, All!
Willie, I was in Oceanside, west of Tillamook. It was called"Oakman Enterprises", refering to the oakman vs eukeman thing. :D
I ran up and down the coast, workin' in the rain forest, climbing in waaay too much wind 'an rain, miss most every minute.....
J.M.

Whoa, I shoulda looked at the page before this one. Didn't mean to be rude...

M.B., My first name is Jan-Michael, youse guys can call me JM, ifnya wanta..

Skwerl, Yer on, I'll meetcha in the middle!:walk::drink:

Lookin forward to tradin' stories with you all!

J.M.

The pleasure's mine, CurSed V!
Howzit workin in God's country?
It is beeyouteefull up there!

Hey, TreeDimensional...welcome to DaHouse.......

ya better chime in, ya heah, or i'll have to accuse ya of being shy.

If that's true, you may not fit in here anyhow.

climb outta that igloo now, eh?!!

Hey, TreeDimensional...welcome to DaHouse.......

ya better chime in, ya heah, or i'll have to accuse ya of being shy.

If that's true, you may not fit in here anyhow.

climb outta that igloo now, eh?!!

Thanks Roger! I think! :D Glad to be here, a refreshing break from the other sites where your dambed if ya do or dambed if ya don't.

I am a prairie dog arborist, as well as a farmer. Not a lot of trees BUT where we got 'em they can grow large. Our tree work is about 60% removals, 30% pruniing and 10% storm work.

We are a tiny operation, just my wife and me. Our equipment includes a 50' BT, a 250 Bandit, 630 and SC130 Vermeer stumpers, tracked skid steer, flat deck trailers and a small crane.

I'm old so I try to use the grey matter when it come to work. Using all the tools available, and I DO climb IF I have to!;) A lot of our work is in parks and confined spaces on private property. The public sector stuff is there BUT they seem to think that we should work for less than we do in the private sector. Did it for a while, until we developed a client base, now we work for the "man" IF there is nothing else to do!

I'm NOT really shy like Roger suggests, I am CANADIAN! ;) Glad to be here and value everyone's input.

Back