The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Greetings Mitch and newguy18!!!!!!!!! I know you'll enjoy The Tree House.:D

Hi - so words to introduce myself - hmm

well lets start, I am a REC climber and have no knowledge of how to even say the word "c h a i n s a w " let alone use one. (i might sever a limb)

so with that JOKE - i will leave the trimming to you all.

I am hoping to hang here a while and learn something new.

thanks all allowing me to ease drip a little, dropping can be hard on the body, and mine is soft and tender to the touch.

hmm

thank you for the welcome Butch,

yes, i have a first name -but would perfer not to annouce it here - if that would be OK - if PM is available - i can provide
thanks

Hi - so words to introduce myself - hmm

well lets start, I am a REC climber

Hey welcome!
What types of trees have you rec. climbed? And where?
Lots of new tools and tricks for getting up into a tree, and lots of folks who have great advice here at the 'House'.

Looking forward reading your posts, rec. climber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thank you for the welcome Butch,

yes, i have a first name -but would perfer not to annouce it here - if that would be OK - if PM is available - i can provide
thanks

A first name is what I meant. No biggie, Hmm.

and have no knowledge of how to even say the word "c h a i n s a w " let alone use one.

hmmmmmmm....that's ok. I can use a chainsaw but can't climb higher than a tractor seat. Another female here. This is good. Welcome!

Welcome hmmmm and all newcomers. Names aren't required hell I still don't trust half the people here :/:

Just kidding everyone!:)

Welcome hmmm-
I trust most everyone here except that Squisher fellow. Real shifty, beady-eyed character he is. :/:

thanks to all - I spent a day at the beech, north georgia area here. I found a great beech along a river - and spent about 3 hours in it until the rains drove me out. I've climbs sycamores, and oaks so far. BUT I am looking for something else.

I am on the rec forum(s) but find that not many people are posting interesting things, BUT there are a few and what is there is quite interesting. Some think they can not cross over and use the same gear as the Pro's. I am here to see if I can make my tree climbing easier on me and my body. Starting out so I have a LOT to learn. Today, proud here, was the first time I was comfortable using my lanyard to tie in to fix an issue with my carabiner. I would like to learn about ascender and pulley's and other little mechanics. Right now I am on an open split tail and once I am comfortable with that, i will move onto the next, a closed system.

I may not be able to add much information to this site, I will more then likely as many question in order to learn.

thanks in advance for being patient with me.

No information required hmm, I am grener than you!! These guys have been more than willing to work with me, I see no reason they shouldn't do the same with you.
Good luck with you're education!
Andy

I think you'll find many here with lots of info to share. You see, most of us have to experiment and try many different combinations to find what works. Lots of trial and error. But then it seems a waste to keep that information private and not share it. The problem is that most people don't care about climbing trees and don't know what we are talking about anyway! It's actually very rewarding to share information with someone who is willing and eager to learn.

So therefore, please be generous with us and ask many questions! It provides us with lots of enjoyment to share what we know. :)

Ha ha!!!! this forums going down the gurgler!!!! the lounge LMAO!!!!!

Hey everyone my name's John, and I'm that handsome guy sitting next to MB in that "Boring Of The Beranek" thread. I drove up to Butch's to see Jerry, he's been a hero of mine for a long time. I recently purchased a GT-25 and I hope to make a living with it clearing land.

:beer:

Back