The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Hello, I am the newest member. I have posted on other forums as Treevet. I am sick of that name. I am nobody special but just turned 60, been in the biz 40 years and like the look of this forum and its members. I am from Cincinnati, my name is David Shaw. Cheers.

Welcome to the TreeHouse, David. I'm Brett. :occasion5:

Remember David. YOU are UNIQUE! ...just like everybody else... ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello, I am the newest member. I have posted on other forums as Treevet. I am sick of that name. I am nobody special but just turned 60, been in the biz 40 years and like the look of this forum and its members. I am from Cincinnati, my name is David Shaw. Cheers.

Welcome to the TreeHouse, David. I can change your username anytime, if you so desire. Treevet's not such a bad name.

Hi old Friend!

Treevet suts you to a tee Dave, You're a veritable PhD of a treevet, and you can't avoid your fate as the world's foremost treevet since shigo himself.

Accept your destiny Dave!

These hardcore guys here in the treehouse seem pretty savvy to me too.

jomoco

Hi old Friend!

Treevet suts you to a tee Dave, You're a veritable PhD of a treevet, and you can't avoid your fate as the world's foremost treevet since shigo himself.

Accept your destiny Dave!

These hardcore guys here in the treehouse seem pretty savvy to me too.

jomoco

Okay Jon (you are da man in my book too), Treevet it is if MasterBlaster will change it. Thanks for the warm welcome!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you need help with an avatar? :drink:

And don't be shy to complete your profile, if at least somewhat. ;)

Do you need help with an avatar? :drink:

And don't be shy to complete your profile, if at least somewhat. ;)

Did the profile MB, but could I email a pict for avatar to ? address as everything I got is likely too big. I have tried the reducing but not successful. Also is there a notification if a post is made on a thread I have posted on? Do I need to do something to activate. If not no sweat.

Thanks again

Hey Dave, are you using Windows XP? If so, you can get the absolute easiest picture resizer ever made. It was my absolute favorite add-on when I had Windows XP on my last computer. I was most disappointed when I discovered it's not available for Vista.

Here's the link for the Microsoft Powertoys page. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx

Look down the right hand side and find the 'image resizer' link and download it. It adds the resizer tool to your right-click menu. You'll be able to right click on a picture in your files and then resize it with one more click. So easy that even a treeman can do it! :lol:

I just found another Microsoft page that explains the resizer a little better. Here's some better info if you're unsure.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx

I didn't figure it was you, just stating you had a sweet avatar now!!

It's Andy by the way!

Don't get me wrong, Andy, I probably look that old but make it a point to never look in the mirror (secret of not feeling old IMO). Thanks for compliment. Good luck on the spikin'.

Hey Ya'll

Hey Guys,
I 'm new to the House so here it is.
My name is Gary I've been hangin' onto a saw longer than I haven't now,I have done my share of climbing but I mostly do my thing on the stump.
Hey Butch,Thanks again for the invite,glad to be here.I have seen a couple of my you tube shows posted in odds and ends So here is my you tube channel for whomever is interested.
http://www.youtube.com/buckadoo1

Welcome to the house Gary where's the beer? Hey he didn't bring any beer! :whine:
Just kidding glad to have ya.

Back