The Official New Boots Thread

Don't know but I bought mine so they are snug and actually don't notice any stability issue vs regular boots. I think the fit is important because I tried on a wider size and it was a bit wobbly

Can anybody say why all the American logger boots have the narrow heel? I would have said that is a disadvantage to stability of your ankle.

All European logging boots have a wider heel for precisely that reason.

I think it is for traction walking down hill. I could be wrong maybe Burnham will chime in.

I've just bought a pair of these.

20441-32284e.jpg

20441-32284c.jpg

A lot of the guys over here used the Uka Croda for pruning, not sure they still make them though?

I have just got some new saw protective boots, possibly the most comfortable footwear I'v ever experienced.

IMG_1079.jpg

Chainsaw protective boots is a misnomer.

They have little to no effect unless you hit the steel toe.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wI9jEvHiheQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go about ½ way into the video, the first part is just some jerk trying to start a chainsaw, and embarrasing himself.

For sure, just like most saw protective clothing, I wouldn't rely on any of it. Best way is to avoid sticking a running saw into any part of your body.

I don't " rely" on my saw pants, even though I have tested them ( By accident, while wearing the.)
I'm simply pissed off that you are required to wear those stiff, clunky boots here, when running saws. When they don't work anyway.

I wear my Wescos, and if I ever get in trouble over it, I'll let it go to court and cut a pair of "chainsaw protective boots" in half to prove my point.

I like the boots actually, don't wear the saw pants much though, at least not for climbing work. If I'm out in the woods cutting on the ground, or if it's really cold I'll wear them.

To be honest Stig, I bought these because they were supremely supportive and comfortable, rather than any chainsaw protective abilities. I really don't like the Wesco type boots, and it's hard to find comfy boots with a protective toecap.

I haven't tried those, Ed, so I wouldn't know.
The Stihl and Haix are bulky and uncomfortable IMO.

My Wescos have steel toes. They'll make them with those when you have them custom fit.

Soon will come the summer. What kind boots most comfortable in the hot season from your perspective?
I have a kit forced ventilation helmet. Forced ventilation shoes for me remains an insoluble problem. Maybe there are cooling the insoles?

Chainsaw protective boots is a misnomer.

They have little to no effect unless you hit the steel toe.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wI9jEvHiheQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go about ½ way into the video, the first part is just some jerk trying to start a chainsaw, and embarrasing himself.
I have to laugh at these "cut the steel toe" demos. No one will ever cut his boot on his foot at that angle, too bad he didn't demo cutting a composite toe like it wasn't even there.
After 40 years of earning a living with a saw my toes are still intact without a scar and I have to thank the hundred or so steel toe boots that I've owned. Same goes for protective legging.

Back