The MS150 Has Arrived

Cool, Randy! Try to remember to do some of the base line cuts with the top of the bar, just for giggles. It seemed to take about a gallon of fuel before mine started to settle in and idle and run smoothly.

David

This is pretty interesting...hard to convince myself to get excited about such a small displacement saw, but then I'm a stick in the mud :D. But if DMc is into it, I pay attention.

Well, Burnham, this little thing certainly will not be laying a lot of timber on the ground, but to date, it is the best little one handed trim saw I have used.

David

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool, Randy! Try to remember to do some of the base line cuts with the top of the bar, just for giggles. It seemed to take about a gallon of fuel before mine started to settle in and idle and run smoothly.

David

I'm sorry about taking some damn long to get to this. I'll do that. Jon and I will get some small round stuff in the morning and get going on this. First we will do several videos of it different species and sizes......then open the muffler.......wash, rinse, repeat. :D

This is pretty interesting...hard to convince myself to get excited about such a small displacement saw, but then I'm a stick in the mud :D. But if DMc is into it, I pay attention.

I like the size of it. Lets see if it can be hopped it, then I'll get excited.

I for one get great amusement of enhancing small displacement saws .It was two ornery rascals namely Dave Neiger and John Lambert AKA Gypo Logger who got me interested in the little things .They both showed up at a GTG once with little super saws with tuned pipes and it was game on .:D

Ok Treehousers

I have wood. :D

No really.

I mean I have some pieces of Chestnut Oak. 6.5", 4.5", and 2.5"......

I'm gonna make videos of the saw as it is now. Then with a retune, and then a muffler mod.......etc.

I for one get great amusement of enhancing small displacement saws .It was two ornery rascals namely Dave Neiger and John Lambert AKA Gypo Logger who got me interested in the little things .They both showed up at a GTG once with little super saws with tuned pipes and it was game on .:D

I remember that day and GTG ( John, Dave, Rick Helsel and many others). What a learning curve it was.

Next year is when I started the bumble bee class for the racing classes 2 cuts 8x8. Man if we would have had the chain we have now days eh Al. ;)

Here's that chain....

I made the mistake of cutting some hard, dry Hickory with it. Snapped off two teeth.

The clutch drum is smaller than the MS200, so we aren't gonna be swapping.

That stainless muffler is just a hollow can. I like that. :D

I've got some videos uploading......stock, re-tuned, timing advanced, muffler modded, etc.

Here is a video of it all stock......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lIjOaEMy0WE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After some tuning......no great improvement.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bgMX4TEI7yA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, it's 24CC and weighs just 7 lbs. That's nothing like the 192.....

Let's wait till we are finished before we shit can it. :/:

Here it is after advancing the ignition timing a few degrees.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jSCzPxHOfRI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back