The Hunicke Interviews: Gerald Beranek

Obviously Gerry is one of the best ever but what puts him over the top imo, is his ability to communicate in an incredibly down to earth manner, whether writing or speaking .

Magnum, do you own his other book "High Climbers and Timber Fallers"? It is mind blowing if you are into that stuff.

I could not agree more with your first statement. I never could put it to words but thank you for doing it. He is so humble.

Yes I do own that book and look through it often.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Obviously Gerry is one of the best ever but what puts him over the top imo, is his ability to communicate in an incredibly down to earth manner, whether writing or speaking .

I agree 100%. Helped me out more than I could ever say. :thumbup::)

Jerry is a legend, mentor, idol, etc...but most importantly to many of us here, he is also our friend. Someone who we can just have a nice chat with without him ever talking down to us.

SO PROUD to call him a good friend of mine and would do anything to ever help him out. Lord knows, he's helped me out more times than I can count, even if it was just taking the time and answering my many questions over the years.

Thanks again for everything Jer and Terri as well!

Your Friend,
Chris

I'm counting my blessings. Believe me. Thank you!

Terri and I are not going to make it to TCI this year. Next year maybe... The shows are always good to meet new people in the bizz and catch up with old friends. Hope to do it again real soon.

Again, thank you!

Researching for this interview I am editing.

I need help finding whatever thread on here shows what transpired during those chainsaw auctions for Jerry in 2007.

Can someone direct me to the auction thread for both the 090 that Willie got and the same saw auction that Carl Rutherford got first. I need to read that thread.
Can someone help?

:D

Attachments

• lumberjack_scout.jpg
    lumberjack_scout.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 58
  • lumberjack.JPG
    lumberjack.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 55
  • lumberjack 4.jpg
    lumberjack 4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 56
  • lumberjack_charlie-brown.jpg
    lumberjack_charlie-brown.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 54
gypoclimber site = masterblasterhome site

Both pointed to the same URL. I lost the gypoclimber domain a long time ago.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ap9PggQ2VnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was great. Good work on the photos etc you inserted along the way, August.

I liked hearing more details about that hideous accident because it will make an excellent safety meeting topic and help keep other people safe.

Gerry's da man and Terry, she looks very wise!

Awesome second vid August!! great interview and good info on Jerrys days in the trees....good to hear Terry speak as well :thumbup::thumbup:

You didn't know Jerry did two of those trees?
No, it's just a flip-horizontal trick. Did it so that the video thumbnails would be kind of like bookends for the content between them. Artistic twists that no one but me enjoys LOL

Had a lot of little miniature editing homeruns making this.
Not that they are homeruns compared to a pro-job but homeruns in problem solving as I learn to edit.

Back