The Hunicke Interviews: Gerald Beranek

I have been watching the dvd set with my boys all winter, I think we are on round 4. They can't wait to learn it first hand, and I've really noticed a big difference in my own climbing since watching them. A big thanks to Mr beranek for making the movies.

Life is good for those who have had the time and experience to learn good values and pass on their knowledge, and it will forever be that way.

I'm a truly a lucky man to have accomplished a meaningful point in life. I love trees. And there it stands.

Absolutely! Thanks Jer. Great interview too - a true seasoned pro in the spotlight ;)

Well done on the interview too August.
:thumbup:

Life is good for those who have had the time and experience to learn good values and pass on their knowledge, and it will forever be that way.

I'm a truly a lucky man to have accomplished a meaningful point in life. I love trees. And there it stands.

I'm quoting that one and I don't care if it clogs up the thread. Great quote Jer.
Thank you Bob. it's great to hear someone say something like that to me since yesterday I called the ISA because my CEU's are almost expired and I asked them if they would credit me any CEU's for the work it takes to bring that interview and maybe other videos to the industry (harassing Jerry for old family pictures etc. haha) They pretty much laughed me to scorn, although, in a non-laughing way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing Jer. You have been an inspiration to me ever since I was a snot nosed kid, hanging out in the local saw shop with my Dad, and I saw the rockport poster :)

yesterday I called the ISA because my CEU's are almost expired and I asked them if they would credit me any CEU's for the work it takes to bring that interview and maybe other videos to the industry (harassing Jerry for old family pictures etc. haha) They pretty much laughed me to scorn, although, in a non-laughing way.

That's good thinking outside the box, AH. Too bad they don't think as creatively as you. Honestly, I'm surprised, I would think the work you've done with vids could easily count toward ceus.

Id laugh at ISA and opt not to affiliate yourself. What do they do anyhow? Honestly? The fact that they don't enforce ethics is why I have made the decision long ago not to join their club.

Way back in the day, I subscribed to their technical journals. stuff like figuring out all the sines and cosines etc of rigging work. I was fascinated that they put a scientific bent to tree work. After awhile though, all those journals seemed to amount to silly Phd gibberish, I don't miss it at all.

Way back in the day, I subscribed to their technical journals. stuff like figuring out all the sines and cosines etc of rigging work. I was fascinated that they put a scientific bent to tree work. After awhile though, all those journals seemed to amount to silly Phd gibberish, I don't miss it at all.

Honestly. . . I have always hated them. They remind me of labor unions. They start out well but end up like the pigs in Animal farm. Thing is, the city and a few other entities have been convinced by their propaganda that they can't hire me unless the ISA says I'm okay. As long as I'm being honest, I hate the TCIA also. I keep trying to find ways to not hate them but most of the time I don't succeed at that.

Haha. Just kidding I'm sure I don't hate them. I just have unresolved issues, ; )

Yea its addicting! Ive learned a lot from my old man but for the most part i've learned from guys who don't speak english. Ive mostly learned from watching and paying close attention from everything going on. I wish we had guys who spoke english up here. Im not a hack by any means but i'm almost self taught on a lot of things on removals and climbing gear.

My 15 man crew in KY only had one guy that spoke any English, and him not so much. lots of hand signals and a few phases of theirs I figured out had to do.

Yea out here It's only Mexican guys that climb. When they find out I climb they look at me like what the frig?? Its unheard of white climbers in Chicago area. It sucks because I want to learn everything I can. I watch a Lot of Augusts and Reg Coates videos. Sad there aren't any guys with that talent or knowledge around here.

Back