The Hunicke Interviews: Gerald Beranek

Highest encomium August. Your editing stuff is getting insanely good. Absolutely couldn't believe the way you morphed the face of the Viet Nam Beranek with the current shot. Unbelievable.

Yeah, whether he likes it or not: poor Gerry's getting to be almost public property for us tree guys. Most of us have lived vicarious lives on the Nor Cal coast through his books, shots and stories. Who among us hasn't topped his Rockport tree a thousand times in our own minds? Very, very cool. Thank you both (and you Terri) so much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Priceless pearls of wisdom captured on video.:thumbup:;)

Very much looking forward to the next one August.
Thank you Jerry and Terri for agreeing to do that interview. :)

This is all I have.

Attachments

• a3.JPG
    a3.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 74
  • a4.JPG
    a4.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 75
  • a5.JPG
    a5.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 75
  • a6.JPG
    a6.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 75
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 77
  • beranek_MB.jpg
    beranek_MB.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 76
Thanks Butch. These guys are proud of themselves when they drop a 3' diameter tree. Want to show them that ain't nothing.

I sent the link to my Pop. He's not doing too well right now. It might shine for him to see his son being glorified in an interview. I got to get back and see him before he goes.

Watched half so far and absolutely top notch job. I like the relaxed discussion. Good to see Terri as well, such a kindly nice and caring face, very endearing. (When you work alone a lot you can't help to sometimes notice things like that)

That would be fun for your Pop I bet.

Hey Gerr, the fallers who got emphysema from redwood dust, those were guys who didn't smoke etc, they got it just from cutting redwoods??

I know from cutting Redwood on a table saw, putting out and breathing the dry fine dust, over a prolonged period would not be a desirable activity at all. Very soon irritating with the red snot, I found. With some woods you get the sniffles over time and not much a bother, with the bad ones the ill effects are almost immediate. Redwood is a bad one.

I figured the bark was the culprit but you are saying the wood is bad too, wow.

The dry dust could enhance the negative effects, but i would say it is indicative of an undesirable content in the wood.

Perhaps what makes it unhealthy is what makes it weather resistant.

Could be, but other woods with moisture resistant qualities don't give such ill effects. Some other irritant I would guess.

Fantastic job August, very thankful of your time spent doing this and making it available! And thanks for agreeing to it Ger, looking forward to part 2!

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

Back