The History Channel; Ax Men

Meh, started to watch it...went outside to enjoy the warm evening and a beer-o.

Sad, that logging show might have been really interesting, but TV kills most everything.

I caught a couple of episodes of the Alaska Experiment while I was in travel status two weeks ago...no wonder Jeff is disgusted with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
but TV kills most everything.

Nah, it wasn't the TV that killed that show. Right now my TV is showing me a rerun of The Sporanos, and it's a good episode. Again, the TV had nothing to do with it being good.

I just like watching them cut trees down. About the only character I like on the show is Levi Brown who works for Stump Branch (the jammer logging guy). He's a faller, and I haven't heard him whine or talk BS on anything yet. I think he's about the only one who hasn't queened up the show. The hook-hand guy is cool, and so is the guy who cut his way out of his yard. But the rest are drunks and/or whiners who like the camera.

My least favorite is Leland the hook operator. I'd fire him yesterday.

I think my favorite is Melvin Lardy.

Attachments

• Melvin Lardy.jpg
    Melvin Lardy.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 93
That big storm they were showing last night, was that the winter before last when SOTC was so busy?

Most those big spruce are standing shells. My experience with them anyway.

On another note I took a couple of days and went with Steve VanHorn to video him falling some big second growth, and a few residual old growth. A skid cat was there working right behind him. Most of the residual old growth was rotten. Lots of sawing for little scale there. But the second growth held true to form and was all sound. Some had 5 thousand BF.

Edited out 3 hours of video into one hour and it turned out pretty darn good. Talk about Axe-men, Steve VanHorn most certainly is one.

Yeah, I have a couple. "Back Yard Logger" is one. It's about a friend, Rick Hautala, logging his cousins place. Right up against the house. Not your typical tree job in someones yard, but real honest to goodness full scale logging and pull trees. Nothing very big though. Cept one tree about 4 foot that divided into five at head high.

And then the one I just mentioned. It's called "Pardini Logging" For the logger who's actually doing the job.

I have an offer go out in the morning with a friend who told me of some nice trees he's got to fall in Albion. But permission for me to get out on that job may quash it. So that's to be seen. Though I understand some of the trees on that job are quite substantial. Another video moment.

This thread got my hands itchy.... had to go out back and kill a tree just to relieve it.

C'mon with the vids Gerry...

;)

Lets see,,, I can put "Cliff Hanger, Backyard Logger and Pardini Logging" on one DVD. That would equate to a little over two hours of timber falling and logging on one disk.

For Tree House members $10, plus shipping. $12 bugs total.

Back