The Crushing Of The Blaster

Butch. heal fast man. ive hammered my feet more than once..and that hurt like h.and i am serious pain tolerant---cant even begin to imagine the pain--more vicodin, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, it's painful. And it's terrible. We are all acutely aware of that and most of us want nothing more than to ease your pain however possible. If that means cracking a joke to try and get you to smile and perhaps not think about the pain for 5 seconds, then it was worth it. Nobody here is doing anything to be disrespectful to you, Butch. They are joking because they care about you and wish you well.
:)

Well hell then, joke away. Haha. Funny shit.

Like Brian said, no disrespect intended, gotta lighten the mood to help you heal.:)

Today I tweaked my elbow. Not anything even close to what Butch is going through but a deep bone pain.
I rely on my body to make my living and now I know I will go though pain until it works itself out. I of course will be using it way too much for faster healing and during that time I will be hating life.
So yea, I understand what Butch is saying.
Hang in there buddy!

Geeez MB. Sorry to hear about your injury. Glad to hear things are progressing in the positive. Guess i'm a little behind the times up here. Not quite sure how I missed this thread, but i'm sending all the "best wishes,get better soon" kinda stuff that i can find down your way. Oh, and like so many of the other have said before me,,,, Do like the docs say, and don't try to rush things too much.

Actually, it's not funny at all. It's the most painful thing I've experienced in my freaking life, and I've had some pain inflicted over the years.

Ya'll should respect this thread a bit more. :(
Butch I hope you know they meant no disrespect.

The thing with my deal was getting over being to hard on myself. Also worrying that everyone thought I was a "Dumb Ass". My thought was, who but a "Dumb Ass" could trip,fall & whack his own self with his saw while it was in MY hand!!??

With life crap happens. A lot of that crap is called an accident. How we allow our minds to focus on that event can have a great influence on the final effect it has on our lives. Whether it be short or long term.

Butch, I hope in a short time to read your post about you bitching about the heat while doing Tree Work:)

Hey MB, hope all is going OK. Having been through a compound femur fracture, I dislike meds as much as you. Take it easy, we dont heal as fast as we used to.
Russell

Been away on trip, bad accident, sorry to here.

They say the medical bills in USA will hurt more than the injury, what is story with WC, you claim or get WC or you smart cash man hold out cybercup for coins?

I donate too, may please get receipt to claim on taxes yes? You must tell tax man too ... oh, I help, I tell ready now if you like, yes?

Butch posted a while back about his ordeal and other's who have it worse. While I can sympathize with his pain (try having a bone marrow transplant and three years later a head-on at 70 mph) and knowing intimately the comings-and-goings of pain meds and effects, the entire process of healing sucks, often much worse than the first day of the mishap. Getting-up in the morning sucks, the whole damn day going by sucks, and the pain the doctors tell you will subside doesn't and their attitude often makes pain worse, especially with foot-ankle-lower leg injuries - they just don't know enough from x-ray and education to alieviate what one feels.

It plays on one's attitude constantly, and it all sucks. I'm reminded about Abu Gharib and the tales told by prisoners just to relieve the pain - say ANYTHING to get them to stop and they did, exactly what the CIA wanted to hear but unfortunately it all wasn't true. If kissing a fat man's ass would help - for just a minute - to diminish the pain of bone injury, I'm sure everyone would oblige, happily. It isn't until it hurts that we start to know who we really are and none of us want to be that.

Hang in there Butch, it will heal but goddamnit...it takes too friggin' long. By the time I come back - or log in from afar - I'll just dander a guess that you'll be flying high again...from the physical standpoint / not the spiritual one. Back porches help - set-up your foot on a pillow and take aim with a potato gun to lob some salvos over on the neighbor's houses. Every shot makes the throbbing son-o-a-bitchin' pain go somewhere else for a moment. Later,

Reed.

Jeez, these people sell their belongings to help you out. Give them a break.

I think we would all be a bit grumy getting laid like Butch has and missing the spring rush and some of the nicest weather to work in. I just don't feel that something like that is appropriate to say. He didn't ask for the help, though I am sure he greatly appreciates it, it is a bit rude to throw it back in his face.

Please take no insult to what I have said James. Just stating how I would feel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's true I've not been in the best of moods lately, but I DO appreciate all my fellow Treehousers have done for me.
:beer:

I 'broke' myself last year.........two lower discs totally mashed. Off my feet for weeks. I know how frustrating the recovery process can be, at times it really is soul destroying. Hang in there mate, I empathise with ya. Do as the Dr. says!!!

Hang tough, Butch. It's true that what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
:blob6:
Ye but in the mean time ,you think you are dying.

Well,then on the other hand,his foot may become so strong he could spike up a tree with his toenails .

When I cut out on that 40 foot blackjack pole years ago,I said I would never climb again.I didn't,that is for a couple of weeks.Back at it again,a whole lot wiser .

hey MB it was just one of those common thread derails, top was laughing at my wife buying this exercise Equipment that his wife bought. Im embar-assed, the thing might as well hang plants.

Anway didn't 020 say you got a grumy Lay? thought monkey would of been all over all that.

Any whoo ... like someone said rather here you complain about the heat, at least we knows you'd be well. take care this to will pass

"Ye but in the mean time ,you think you are dying."

or wish that you WOULD!!!

Lost of shit gets lost in the pain of being broken, but a sense of humor being rediculed only makes it worse. IMHO.

Back